Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

16A and 16C New Mexico elk

I am headed to 16A for the October 21-25 rifle hunt. I had scouted the unit back in August and most of the tanks on eastern side of unit had water. Has anyone returned from Archery hunts and can let me know if tanks are still holding water?

Hey HultonTool -

I'm there for the same hunt, shoot me a pm if you want to touch base. i'm hopefully heading up there this weekend to take a look at tanks and road conditions for the area I plan to hunt.

Matt

I'm sure if someone here has a spot in 16A theyd give it to you. The odds are 1.6 for a non resident and 16.4% for residents. So its not likely any second timers are going back anytime soon. The first rifle in 16c is 3.6 for non residents and 8.6 for residents. The 16A archery tag is one of the most expensive if you want to go the landowner route.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI9vSFaniy0 This was a 16 A hunt. I'd have a tough time not letting an arrow fly on anything bigger than 330....But bigger is definitely the

Congrats!

This question is from left field but, were you in camp when this hunt took place?

How did y'alls rifle hunts go? Just found out today that I drew the earlier rifle tag for 16A, 10/17 to 10/21. Looking for any tips. Plan on getting down there this summer once or twice to take a look around since I've never been there. Never dreamed I would draw the tag, always throw the hail mary at it.

I guess it's not clear from anything you can see, but I'm from Denver. So yeah, getting down there isn't just a weekend trip haha

Yeah, I will definitely report back. I just updated someone on a Utah general tag this morning.

Problem is, for whatever reason, I didn't get notifications that someone was asking about my hunt haha. I got on this morning to post about 16A, and saw that I had some messages, so I went and updated.

I actually drew 16c 2nd season archery if anyone had any tips I would certainly appreciate them... Doesn't have to be specific spots just any information on the unit. Thanks in advance!

Back