MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

150gr Nosler Accubond LR in .270 on elk

Have been shooting Noslers and even Bergers for years. Always have verified my info. Thanks. mtmuley
for me its federal & hornady to each their own ,everybody has a favorite flavor
gotta love the freedom of choice we have here in the use

for me its federal & hornady to each their own ,everybody has a favorite flavor
gotta love the freedom of choice we have here in the use
I'm on to Hammers for most rifles. Don't look if you need bc numbers. mtmuley

I'm on to Hammers for most rifles. Don't look if you need bc numbers. mtmuley
dont intend to just not a copper kind of guy nor a hammer band wagon junkie
have a great day muley its been a pleasure

Some of these “pros” actually used it and didn’t like the results. When you start seeing multiple “pros” with similar comments you should probably take that in consideration.

To the OP, it will kill an elk no problem. Multiple comments how soft they are and up close shots. First hand experience generated those comments.

At under 50 yards, I had a sideways small football shaped exit wound on my deer. Roughly 4-5” wide and 3” tall in the center. I could see all the way thru the chest. There was lung and tissue splattered on all the sage brush behind it. Both shoulders were absolutely destroyed. It never took a step and was dead before it hit the ground. Because of waste laws I had to pack those shoulders out even though they were not salvageable. I quit using them after that.

Stay off the shoulder and have realistic expectations on the amount of blood shot meat.
So dig on my response , but your second paragraph is that the bullet will kill an elk. Thats what the Op asked. Shooting deer at 50 yds is not the same ask an elk at distance. Your bullet likely may not have stabilized yet at that range. These bullets will kill at extended ranges like others had said , they have had good experience with these bullets on elk. He didnt ask about meat damage at close range. Not trying to start internet battle.
But if its a accurate bullet out of Op gun, nosler will do the job in the right spot.

Hope they do… I’m putting together .270 SS and it will have a steady diet of 150 ABLRs. My experience with 190 and 210 ABLRs give me 100% confidence.

I've used a 270win in various rifles my whole life. I've shot the 150 Accubond, and have no complaints. Honestly, just about any 150gr bullet in 270 that shoots well would do you just fine. I also really liked the way the 140gr TBBC shot in a couple of my guns. No complaints there either, and I have shot a few elk with that bullet. I've not shot an elk with a 150gr Accubond, but I'd guess it would perform just fine.

if people shoot elk with hornday ELD , that 100% proof that Winchester super x and Remington cor-loc and other cheap ammunition , is ok for elk

but nosler partitions and accubond are superior , and same with any federal premium, ttsx barns

I've been shooting 150gr ABLR in my 270 and mostly use it for buck rifle tag or cow elk tag.

When the 150gr ABLR came out in Nolser Manual #8 BC was for 150gr ABLR was .625 and later it was corrected in manual #9 to .591. Before manual came out there was another site had new BC.

I shoot the .270 150g Winchester "Expedition Big Game Long Range" which uses the Accubond LR bullet. Originally bought it for the performance at long distance which on paper has been great for me, but in hunting scenarios it's only ever gotten use at shorter ranges.
3 yrs ago I killed an Elk quartering away at 130yds, instantly dropped then had a 20yd stagger. The Accubond bullet tore up the vitals with no meat damage at all. Since then it has cleanly taken hogs, deer, elk & even a surprise coyote all between 50-200 yards.

Yes I'm sure there's other 270 cartridges that will produce similar results & more "ideal" grains for different size animals, but I love having only one ballistics chart for 90% of the game I hunt. The Accubond LR is a reliable versatile bullet & I highly recommend.

I shoot the .270 150g Winchester "Expedition Big Game Long Range" which uses the Accubond LR bullet. Originally bought it for the performance at long distance which on paper has been great for me, but in hunting scenarios it's only ever gotten use at shorter ranges.
3 yrs ago I killed an Elk quartering away at 130yds, instantly dropped then had a 20yd stagger. The Accubond bullet tore up the vitals with no meat damage at all. Since then it has cleanly taken hogs, deer, elk & even a surprise coyote all between 50-200 yards.

Yes I'm sure there's other 270 cartridges that will produce similar results & more "ideal" grains for different size animals, but I love having only one ballistics chart for 90% of the game I hunt. The Accubond LR is a reliable versatile bullet & I highly recommend.
Interesting, Winchester even markets it as an elk round

Back