14 year old daughters first deer.

Redman

20171202_082604.jpg20171202_082700.jpg
My youngest daughter Josie shot her first big game animal yesterday. She spotted the small herd of does and waited patiently until one of them offered her a clear shot. She put the bullet perfectly behind the shoulder and the deer didn't even know it was hit. It went into the creek where dad had to wade in and get it. The other deer just stood there and I told here she could take another if she wanted or we could wait for a buck. She said she was happy with just one. When she got up to the deer she cried a little and said "Dad I feel sorry for the deer, but it was exciting too". Through my own tear filled eyes I looked at her and said "All true hunters have the same feelings". Taking the life of a truly free and wild animal is nothing to take lightly and if I ever stop feeling that way I will stop hunting." The first picture of her looking at the deer was taken without her knowing it, she was just overwhelmed with emotion. What a blessing God has given me, children, his creation, and this country where we can still go out and hunt!

Thank you all for the heart felt congratulations! I am away on business for two weeks but when I get home I will show this to her and it will bless her more than you know.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back