Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

12x14 Wall tent

Addicting

Looking for a 12x14 with the internal frame. Also shopping for a stove. Let me know what you have.

Nothing for sale here, here's my two cents. I pack into the backcountry here in Colorado with my horses & mules. Last Spring, I bought a wall tent from a company in Denver. I didn't get the internal frame, because it's expensive, and mostly too much extra bulk to pack on a mule, along with everything else. They are big and heavy. I used it a few times and decided it was too much tent. As you know, they aren't cheap either.
What I did, is buy a wall tent from Walmart, that is the Ozark Trail brand. Naturally, I was concerned about the quality, but the reviews were good, and I figured I could return it if it was substandard. But here's the thing, it costs $400, compared to the brand name wall tents. It has an internal frame, and the floor is pretty good quality. My biggest beef, is that you have to pay attention to the color coding of the frame parts, but I ended up spray painting the ends, as the cheap colored tape will come off and you need to put the correct pieces where they belong. It's a bit smaller, but easier to set up and pack. It has a stove jack hole too. I'm very satisfied for the price and it will give me a good value for the years of use.
As for a stove, check out the Winnerwell brand. I bought their stainless steel stove and it only weighs 35 lbs, compared to a mild steel one. The stove pipes are stainless too and nest inside the stove. Glass door on it. High quality but pricey at about $450.00 Hope this helps?

Looking for a 12x14 with the internal frame. Also shopping for a stove. Let me know what you have.
This is all you need. Good for 2-3 ppl gear 6/20lb propane tanks if using big buddy heater. Got this at competitive edge products for 475$.

Attachments

• C51FFCE6-084A-4367-936A-2A31BF6E027A.jpeg
    C51FFCE6-084A-4367-936A-2A31BF6E027A.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 13
  • FE631708-099D-4138-9369-5FC2EE6EF2CD.jpeg
    FE631708-099D-4138-9369-5FC2EE6EF2CD.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 13
How do the Flexbow tents deal with high wind and heavy snow? Is there an internal frame as well?

How do the Flexbow tents deal with high wind and heavy snow? Is there an internal frame as well?
No internal frame. I’ve had mine in 40-60mph gust with only a few cedar trees to block some of it. Held up fine, was totally surprised in the morning.

What type of stove are you looking for? Barrel or rectangular?
You have a specific desired size?
I enjoy welding and will craft one at cost + $20 for a coffee punch card haha! + shipping.
I've crafted collapsible types though never a solid bodied stove - that would be a fun build.
Stoves are pretty inexpensive for a reputable company build as well. Great builds from $150-300! Prices for wall tent stove (steel) dropped dramatically ever since titanium stepped center stage, it seems.
Cabelas, kni Co, etc.

Also, not sure how your time's allocated though you can save an arm/leg in $ coping emt pipe for your internal frame joints then cut extra to fit w/in. i.e. 1" coped joints for 3/4 pipe or vise versa.

Since I'm on a roll... if you go canvas, quality counts. Worth $$$ w/ quality name such as Davis.
Also, don't be a schmuck, such as myself. Don't forget to hang your tent to air dry defore storing. My original tent (12×14) had sharpie scribbles of each hunt, fishing, and general camping trip marked. Friends, family, etc... It was awesome for self and others to read of past experiences, etc. I forgot to air out my tent, unpacked to find yellow mold to the extent it broke apart. Brittle, basically, worst case scenario occurred. Lost 20+ years of fun hunting / camping scribbles on the walls. :(

That's 'bout it for my yammer run.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back