Yeti GOBOX Collection

12 deer points in WY, what area to apply for?

I have to admit I am in the same boat with 10 + points and have looked over draw odds/ harvest statistics etc and still cannot decide where to burn my Wyoming points. It is as I almost have to many to make the right decisions. Guess I will just build another year.
In my mind there’s still the opportunity cost of not re-starting the point building for the future, plus you never know when the next rough winter, change in allocation, etc might make it harder yet.
If there’s a specific area you want to hunt there’s nothing wrong with holding out, but if not I’d go hunting and start picking up points again.

In my mind there’s still the opportunity cost of not re-starting the point building for the future, plus you never know when the next rough winter, change in allocation, etc might make it harder yet.
If there’s a specific area you want to hunt there’s nothing wrong with holding out, but if not I’d go hunting and start picking up points again.
Not any area specific. Just when I think I know where I should go I find out it had bad winters, dry summers or is a wilderness area. Everything else dosnt even take half the points

I am currently sitting on 12 deer points in WY. Yes, I know the herd quality is down... but for my own reasons, I want to hunt this year. Any advice on where to apply? Here are my requirements:

Nothing in Grizzly country
No mountains, looking for an open country hunt
I would prefer to be in the central or eastern part of the state
No outfitters, looking for a public land hunt
My goal is a decent opportunity at a muley at least 170 inches.
No interest in sharing my points

I have done some preliminary research, just looking to see if any others with similar point totals have hunted recently and their advice. Thanks for your input.
Good luck man. I'll be in a similar situation next year. Huntin-fool has helped me some in the past. especially after drawing the tag.

Not really that hard with your points and requirements there are really only 2 options 34 and 89.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back