110 gr 30-06

azcharlie

have any of you guys ever used the 110 gr.30-06 round? I have heard good and bad about it. I would like to use it for that longer shot. But I have heard that it is not very stable down range.

the .308dia 110? they are stable if you shoot a very slow load.....

Ive shot them in my .308 but had to lower the fps alot a way reduced load...
Delw

I talked to a few people down at the last crossroads gun show. They said that there is a 110 gr 30-06 factory load out there. I havn,t seen it my self but two of the guys I talked to said they have used it. One liked it and the other comented that it wasn,t very stable. Sure would be gratefull to hear from anyone who has used it or knows anything about it.

thanks for the fast response DELW

I always just used the 125 gr Sierra for varmints when I was a kid and used my .30-06 for everything I hunted. The 110s slowed down fast and gave up any initial velocity advantage they had fairly quickly. The 125s were much more accurate in my rifle. I had reloaded both bullets, but gave up on the 110s.

There are factory loads with 110 gr bullets, but they are probably not too common in most stores.

I've reloaded 110 sierra varmiters in my 30-06. my rifle didn't like them at all. at 3400 fps @ muzzle the accuracy was mediocre at best. That particular rifle likes 150 grain hornady boat tail interloc's. I shoot whatever load shoots best in the gun. 150's at 3000 fps @ muzzle kill squirlies, chucks, rabbits, yotes quite cleanly.

T Bone

I second the vote for trying the 125gr Sierra's. My dad's '06 loves 'em and their cheap to shoot.

What the other guys said about the 110's. Couldn't pick a worse bullet for long range. Not that they aren't stable, they are, but that don't make them accurate or give them any downrange energy...

A jack rabbit or a chuck getting shot with a good old 165 gr. Sierra is just a beautiful thing.

- DAA

Thanks guys. This is just the info I was looking for. I think I will try the 125 gr. it sounds what I might be looking for. Hay Delw do think they would have them down at Lone Wolf or Randels?

Thanks agen guys

Back