Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

10X or 8X binos, what is your choice?

what power binos and eye piece on spotter

• Total voters
8x, 10x and tripod mounted 15x. Don't use a spotter often, could never get used to the angled spotters. I tend to use the 8x more than the 10x, just depends on what type of hunting I am doing.

8x Leica Geovids. I would have proabably bout the 10x if they had been available used at the time. Straight Leupold 12-40 spotter. One other thing that was not in the poll that I use that has a place here for me is the rifle scope. I use a 6.5x20 as I feel like the 20x serves as a spotter for most occasions and saves me alot of extra weight in my pack when I dont really need a spotter. Dont get me wrong a spotter has its place but not where I hunt thusfar.

8x Leica Geovids. I would have proabably bout the 10x if they had been available used at the time. Straight Leupold 12-40 spotter. One other thing that was not in the poll that I use that has a place here for me is the rifle scope. I use a 6.5x20 as I feel like the 20x serves as a spotter for most occasions and saves me alot of extra weight in my pack when I dont really need a spotter. Dont get me wrong a spotter has its place but not where I hunt thusfar.

No offense meant but for me, guys using a rifle scope to glass spook the heck out of me. Helped a guy hunt this year and every time he glassed the trerrain with his rifle scope I cringed. In his case it was a 4x fixed scope and he HAD binos of higher power!

I did that once, and scared both me and a guy in full camo as I glassed him with my scope and tried to figure out what I was seeing on opening day of deer season. This was many years, ago, and I've never done it since. I was so embarrassed and probably would have deserved whatever he might have dished out.

I think it depends on the terrain you are hunting. here in Pennsylvania, I use 8X binoculars and sometimes they are almost too powerful for early season brushy woods. But when hunting in later season open woods with snow, 10X works better. If I were a western hunter, I would probably opt for the 10X.
Jim

I have both 8 and 10 binos I use the 8s when bowhunting the timber here in MN and WI and the 10s when gun hunting and I use a straight spotter never have liked the angled

In thick woods I use tiny 8X binos, in open woods or open areas I use 10X42. I have a straight eyepiece on my spotting scope. At closer ranges, I may use my riflescope if I can clearly see it is what I am hunting and just want to sizeup the antlers.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back