100 % Venison Burger is Blaw

Montana antelope must be totally different than Colorado antelope...lol I find the meat to be tender and sweet tasting...but I butcher my own and take care of it properly

I've been hunting about 25 years now and could never get my mother to try game meat. This past summer I got her to finally try deer and elk and antelope and she ended up liking the antelope the best.

I've only been on one antelope hunt but we really enjoyed the meat from the one I shot, what little there was. We (my wife and I) grind up a good pork shoulder and add about 20% of it in with our ground deer and always seems to work well in all recipes we use. With elk we mix 10% beef suet.

Last edited:
Montana antelope must be totally different than Colorado antelope...lol I find the meat to be tender and sweet tasting...but I butcher my own and take care of it properly

I've been hunting about 25 years now and could never get my mother to try game meat. This past summer I got her to finally try deer and elk and antelope and she ended up liking the antelope the best.

I agree with you John; my wife doesn't like any large game but antelope and elk; much preferring the goat, and we think it even has a taste similar to pork if handled properly.

I have never shot an antelope but hope to this fall. I have heard several people say they are very gamey. What do you guys do with antelope?

I have only shot a half dozen antelope but they were all by far the best wild game I have ever eaten I marinad all of the steaks and meat for the grill for at least 48 hrs and wrap with bacon usually for grilling.
For the ground meat we turned all of it into 100 per ground antelope and I use to make anything using burger like hot dish or meat loaf or sloppy joes or tacos u name it as long as i am not eating it plain it is just fine.

Good luck this fall

Try the "slick trick burger' with 20-30 % bacon ground and mixed with the Venison. Also use 50/50 Sausage and Ground venison with worchestershire or A1 in a meat loaf. I like bulk breakfast sausage for this. So does my buddy who works for a stent (medical device) company!

Seems like I never run out of ground meat so I have to get inventive.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back