Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

100 meter broadhead issues..

elkohalic

Let me start by saying I WILL NOT take a shot at an uninjured animal at that range. Shooting at these distances builds my confidence for normal effective range shots. I was experimenting today and my broadheads are shooting right with my field points at 70m but when I step back to 100 meters they hit about 2 ft low.. Anyone have any ideas? My field points shoot perfectly with the marks on the tape out to 110m..

The drag on the arrow is different. They will never hit the same point out to infinity. You can get them to hit the same at 2 points, close to the same at 3, but they can't follow identical lines of flight. Whether you see the difference depends on shooting ability. Two feet seems to be a bit much though. How are the two groups mid range, 40-50? If you have access to a chrono you might shoot both setups at distances out to your 100 meter max.

Last edited:
Mid range is great. All the yardages out to 70 m they shoot together. Today was my first experiment at 100.

I've got to believe that as you get way out there you are losing enough energy so that other factors like a slight breeze will begin to affect it. Just a thought

I've got to believe that as you get way out there you are losing enough energy so that other factors like a slight breeze will begin to affect it. Just a thought

Yes, I forgot to mention that there was a breeze heading straight at me.

No one has asked which broad head you are using.

I have had excellent results with Montec (one piece construction) and high quality mechanicals when shooting at long range (80-100 yards).

Slick trick standards. I had some old montecs and they didn't shoot as good out of my bow (rpm 360 @ 72lbs)

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back