Target choices

What’s the design of your target? Materials?

2x4 frame, I think its 16" deep. 47 1/8" wide/tall. 7/16" OSB sheathing brings outside to 48". If you look on the 2nd pic you'll see there is a separate frame for the target skin so it can easily be replaced. Skin is a nylon bulk bag, a tarp might work, with landscaping cloth underneath. I just stretched it tight and stapled it. Fill is shrink wrap, the kind that pallets are wrapped in. If you know of any warehouses near by they might let you raid their dumpster.
I put both the skins on, and the sheathing except for the top and packed the fill as tight is I could then added the top.
Next step is to make a frame to hang it from but it works just fine on the ground.

I'm shooting 510gr small diameter arrows at 267fps and it stops them at point blank range. No issues with outserts or collars hanging up.
0518191811.jpg0518192127.jpg

I have bag target in my home shop shop for tuning. I also have a bag target on my range as well as blob, 18-1, and a rhino block.

I have a 18” black hole target for broadheads, a Yellow Jacket Supreme 3 bag target for field points, and an older model Rhinehart buck that I got for free from a friend. I rebuilt the insert area with some dense packing foam sheet and spray foam.
DBF66AAC-96DE-4A22-8EA9-3DA866DA5E1E.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REVRON
Back