Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

zeiss or swaros

Tater

Looking at the zeiss victory or swaro slc hd's. If anyone has info would be great. Zeiss a bit cheaper, guessing glass is close. May come down to feel and warranty.

i have zeis and they are good binos. I did have some frustrating product support after mine fogged on the inside, but after some nagging they finally took care of me.

I have some older Zeiss. Great glass, but like RD said, less than stellar customer service. Swaro has a great CS record.

Get the ones that fit your eyes the best. It's all good glass, you just need some glass you'll want to hold up to your face all day long. I can't do the swaro for long periods of time! Just personal preference.

Iv'e had several pairs of the Swarovski's. They have great product support and of course have great glass. Also you can't beat the warranty. Just my 2 cents

I looked at Zeiss and Swaro and then looked at Lieca on advice of a friend. Went with the Leicas, ultravid 10X42. They seemed brighter and more comfortable to me.

This might suck to some but I've used swaro and nikon monarchs side by side in the field, in the rain, in low light, etc. power for power and objective for objective I can't honestly say I could tell a difference. The only difference I could find was placebo in that the guys with the swaroskies believed they had reliable optics because they shelled out the money for them.
Now my monarchs have broken, are no fault warrantied, and I've dealt with nikons customer service and they are slow and crappy. I've heard good things about swaro customer service. I suppose good customer service might be a reason to pay a grand more???

As far as Zeiss, I've used a nice bull barrel AR-15 topped with a zeiss scope, and the set up was totally sweet nectar for accuracy, clarity and calibrated to tee as can be expected from a top name brand.

I realize that I am new here but I have used the Leica's, Zeiss, Swaro and many others. For clarity, I would definitely go with the Swaro or Leica, they are going to be clearer than the others. I would imagine that you will only be getting a 5-10% difference in quality over the rest. I have not used the Zeiss Victory, they are supposed to be better but are more $ also. I have Nikon Monarch, Pentax DCF ED, Fujinon, Steiner, Minox, Zeiss and Swaro. The Swaro is the best glass. I would say the second best is the Zeiss and Pentax, then the Minox. Those are all binoculars and no they are not all in the same magnification. Just my experience. If you are going to spend a lot of time and money on hunts or going on OIL hunts, get the best clearest optics that you can. There have been times that when using a little less $ optics, I have couldn't make out animals at distance or in shadows that someone else could see because they had a little higher quality optics.

Surf the web for forums on this subject, roughly 50% of the guys said they had issues with Leica warranties. I couldn't find a single complaint about Swaros. I didn't look everywhere and I'm not an expert at this, Leica is an awesome product for sure, but when it comes to investing in something I would want be really careful about this.

Last edited:
i'm a Zeiss guy....have a few of the Victory scopes and an 80mm T*FL spotter...they all work great and have stood up to some serious abuse. have spent some serious time with Swaro stuff too...can't tell the difference.

it's a matter of what you like...personally i'd find the best bang for the buck between the big names and buy what's on sale. i got all my Zeiss Victory stuff and the spotter on sale and didn't even pay close to retail. check the bargain caves at Cabelas too...i found a brand new Zeiss Victory 1.5-6x42 there and i picked it up for $600!!! there were actually two of them and i kick myself for not buying both at the time!

try CameralandNY.com and see what they have. the owner of that company makes deals to buy trade show models and extra inventory and sometimes you can get some insane deals on perfectly good glass.

This might suck to some but I've used swaro and nikon monarchs side by side in the field, in the rain, in low light, etc. power for power and objective for objective I can't honestly say I could tell a difference.

I've done the same thing with the Nikon and Swaro. I could tell a huge difference at 1st and last light. Clarity, and light gathering were pretty superior in the Swarovski IMO.

nikon monarchs vs swarovski, not even close I do a ton of digascoping and blown up on a hd computer screen will make you shat your pants if you could see the difference. I have 4 nikon rifle scopes and love them to death, for the money hard to beat, also have leupold binos, nikon monarch binos. and swarovski optics. All have there place but I'd say if money isn't an option, swarovski hands down.

Back