MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Zamberlan 980 Outfitter GTX RR

SteveE

Anybody tried these boots in rough, steep country? The build quality looks great but would like to hear if they hold up. $380 makes them cheaper then my current kenetreks and side by side the zamberlan look like a contender.
BUT :) ... I've got a lot of miles out of my kenetreks with zero problems and for that kind of money the boot must last years and years above all else. Three kids ensure I only get the funds for new boots about every four years.
Will these boots last 3-4 years backpack hunting?

I absolutely abused mine this year. First year wearing Zamberlans. IMO they are phenomenal. Extremely comfortable and ZERO heel slipage. They do take a little bit to break in but they are extremely high quality and can take a beating. I wore mine from the Nevada august early season deer hunting in the high country well into December hunting in cold,wet, snowy conditions and they were flawless. Sizing is normal so if you wear a 10 in normal shoes, get a 10.

I completely agree with all that has been said. I will never wear any other boot but Zamberlan, ever.

I have 2 pairs of Zamberlans, but not that particular model, and love them. Tough, comfortable.

If you tend to have any type of fit issues, I would get in touch with Steve at Lathrop and Sons. I struggle getting a good fit in most boots, but Steve was able to "tweak" my Zamberlans to fit me fantastic.

Thanks everyone. That was what I was hoping to hear. I tried a pair on and the Zamberlans feel very similar to the Kenetreks in comfort and angle. I appreciate the "downhill" feeling these boots provide when walking flat ground. I've seen many refer to this as a "springy" feeling.
Build quality looks as good as I've seen
Sportsmanship warehouse had a $50 off sale so i ordered them.
Spring bear will be the true test and I will report back then.
Thank you for the advice. Much appreciated!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back