Caribou Gear Tarp

Yvette Herrell

NMGuy

Thought I'd post this here so my fellow New Mexicans can have the info for the November election. I asked Yvette Herrell for her stance on the transfer of public lands from the federal government to the states. Here is her reply:

"I support the transfer of public lands to either the state or to the county in which they are located. Over 50% of the lands in the western United States are managed by the federal government with only approximately 4% in states east of Colorado. We can see by the current conditions of our public lands they have been mismanaged and we are seeing a deterioration of our water sheds and access.

As a State Representative, I carried both the Transfer of Public Lands bill, as well as, the Transfer of Public Lands Task Force legislation. I support this effort as I understand our Enabling Act and the lands were never to be held in federal trust in to perpetuity. The cost in royalty payments the State of New Mexico pays to the federal government is over $500 million annually and I believe the money would be better spent in New Mexico for New Mexicans. We also have done extensive research which clearly shows the costs to manage our public lands would fall well below the amount paid in royalties. We have also lost our timber industry because of federal management and the endangered species act, which unfortunately, has played a significant role in the diminished health of our national forests."

A quick google search for the "Transfer of Public Lands bill" pulled this up:

-Guy

Hopefully folks will see the desert palin for what she is. Again.
I asked her about her stance on public lands a few years ago at a forum on water grab issues here in Datil and got same BS reply. Even the local ranchers were offended as most folks here make their living off or around our public lands in NM one way or another.
She also supported the water grab guy..............

Yeah, the responses I got from Republican candidates were pretty much what I expected. The complete lack of wildlife representatives or language supporting wildlife in her bill paints a pretty clear picture (for me) about what her priority would be.

I challenged a response I got from one of the losing candidates and he immediately flip-flopped and gave me the political BS answer he thought I wanted to hear.

If I ever get a response from Mark Ronchetti I will post it here as well.

Ronchetti will try and make a joke and give the party line...which is well known here. He shoulda stuck with being a weatherguy. He was almost good at it.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back