Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Yukon Book Review

BigHornRam

I recently purchased the book "Three Rivers: The Yukon's Great Boreal Wilderness" by multiple author's and published by Harbour Publishing. It gets a 5 star, must read rating from me. It is somewhat similar to the "Yellowstone to Yukon" book, but with much more honest dialog and incredible photos. Better yet it had a noticable pro-hunting/trapping under currents to it.....a rare occurance in enviromental books and writings. If you're not interested in the enviromental preachings in the book the high quality photos of bears, wolves, sheep, moose, caribou, wolverine, spectacular vistas and sceenery make it worth buying on it's own. If after reading this, it doesn't jazz you up to make a trip or hunt to the North Country, nothing will.

P.S. Would someone who is not on the "list" cut and paste this post for Ithaca37's benefit? Having hunted up there before and being a sometimes overzealous enviro, I'm sure he would particularly enjoy this book!

Thanks and hope those that do check out this book, enjoy it as much as I have.

BigHornRam said:
I recently purchased the book "Three Rivers: The Yukon's Great Boreal Wilderness" by multiple author's and published by Harbour Publishing. It gets a 5 star, must read rating from me. It is somewhat similar to the "Yellowstone to Yukon" book, but with much more honest dialog and incredible photos. Better yet it had a noticable pro-hunting/trapping under currents to it.....a rare occurance in enviromental books and writings. If you're not interested in the enviromental preachings in the book the high quality photos of bears, wolves, sheep, moose, caribou, wolverine, spectacular vistas and sceenery make it worth buying on it's own. If after reading this, it doesn't jazz you up to make a trip or hunt to the North Country, nothing will.

P.S. Would someone who is not on the "list" cut and paste this post for Ithaca37's benefit? Having hunted up there before and being a sometimes overzealous enviro, I'm sure he would particularly enjoy this book!

Thanks and hope those that do check out this book, enjoy it as much as I have.

Sounds like an interesting book. I was doing some searching on the net for sheep and mtn. caribou hunts in the Yukon. Expensive!!:eek:

Good things aren't always cheap Oak. I just got some pics forwarded from a friend of a friend. He hunted this fall with the same outfitter that Ithaca hunted with (one of the best in the business from what I hear and booked many years in advance with only word of mouth advertising). Beautiful 41 inch fannin, big griz, 65" moose, and a wolf to boot. That guy had a heck of a hunt.

Thanks for the tip! I am always looking for good nature/hunting/adventure books to read.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NTSS
Back