Youtube rabbit holes

May not be your cup of tea but I spent a lot of time in the water in my younger years. Always has been a dream to just explore the world on a sail boat, spearfishing and hunting as I go along. Wife n kids have pretty much sealed that dreams fate, so I live vicariously through others.

Then this guy, hes a wild aussie. My kid likes watching him spearfish. Spearfishing seems like hunting underwater, something Id like to try.

history underground seems to be one of my favorites. dor some reason tree clumbing/cutting been popular lately.

I'm looking at my future of hunting, and it will likely be mostly trying to help my sons get on animals for many years. As such, I've been looking at getting back into photography and possibly filming some of their hunts for myself and them. I've gotten quite into watching some different folks talk about camera gear. Mostly I've been watching Jan Wegener, Duade Paton, and Brent Hall. The first couple are mostly bird guys which isn't really my thing, but they still have a lot of good info on different cameras and lenses.

I also grew up going to Florida fishing every year. My uncle lives there and we used to go with him. He's too old for doing much of that anymore, so I've been wanting to find a realistic way of bringing my family there. I found AnglerUp with Brant on youtube which has been quite entertaining for me and opening my eyes to a way to easily bring my family on a fun trip.

He’s not exactly a master craftsman.

Ha very true. I am a complete novice, but even I have a few “mmm, I’m not sure that’s how you’re supposed to do that” moments watching. In fairness to him, he does not profess to be an expert either.

It is cool though, and his filming/explaining is really well done.

As a guy who loved physics class, I find myself watching the Veritasium videos on YouTube a lot. Some of his best ones are about how electricity actually works (will make your brain hurt), the SAT question that everyone got wrong, and any of them dealing with Einstein or relativity.

Some of his best ones are about how electricity actually works (will make your brain hurt),
Whoa whoa whoa...

Electron flow theory or conventional flow theory?

I love watching this guy- he almost has me convinced I could do this myself.

Building a Cabin
Check this guy out, I feel like I watch it start to finish at least once a year

Whoa whoa whoa...

Electron flow theory or conventional flow theory?

Check this guy out, I feel like I watch it start to finish at least once a year

Electron flow theory I suppose. Still not entirely sure even after watching these two videos. It’s hard to overcome the simplified analogy that it’s like flowing water tho.

Electron flow theory I suppose. Still not entirely sure even after watching these two videos. It’s hard to overcome the simplified analogy that it’s like flowing water tho.

Skin effect and such. There's many crazy things in electrical, such as, electrons (or protons) flowing on the skin much better than through, thus reducing eddy's, and some lines are hollow (increasing surface area). All for efficiency.

Then there's DC transmission. And that's just that aspect.

Left hand rule v right hand rule.

Eli the ice man.

frequency injection on line voltage wires for information super highway access.

Thanks for the links, I'll run that rabbit hole tonight!

Fun experiment-google the battery-paperclip trick and do it with your kids.

The experts at the end all agreed (first video), it is too hard (if you know) to overly simplify it in the manner he did, but! that is the best I've ever seen/heard/read and would Mos Def audit his class.

Academia is at a loss without him. Will check out more of his videos. Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back