Youth season IN success

Redman

My daughter Josie took advantage of our 2 day youth season. Due to a busy weekend we only had one morning to hunt. We were both exhausted from the busy previous days but I told her I would be the guide and all she would have to to is shoot. She was asleep in the blind with in 5 min. When the group of does came in I woke her up allowed her to get her wits and told her to take the biggest one in the group. She looked at me and said they all look the same size dad. I told her the one facing us on the right. She settled in said she was on her I gave the green light and the deer dropped right there not even a twitch. I asked if she wanted to wait on a buck or another doe she declined and wanted to get some rest. Which was probably a good idea because it got in the 80s. So her "guide" did the gutting and gilling as promised! Glad to have the meat the freezer was slim pickens. Tell you what the yellow jackets were insane! Josie got one in her boot that stung her. I can't believe I didn't get stung! I have never seen them swarming on a kill like that before.

Attachments

• 20200927_080506.jpg
    20200927_080506.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 17
Exhausted yet excited. Great teamwork! Yellow jackets can be nasty. Congratulation's

Very nice! Congratulations! Youth hunt days are a great way to bring in new hunters.

Congrats! I’m going to try black pepper this year for flies and yellow jackets

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back