MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Your impressions of Meopta binoculars

G

Guest member 25165

I want to upgrade my binoculars. I just cant justify thousands of dollars when I hunt in the midwest on private property via treestands. I am really considering the meopta meostars 10x42's. Anyone here have experience with the meopta brand binoculars? I have a couple of their scopes and they have been great on my rifles.

I can’t speak to Meopta, but my first hand experience with Maven supports it being a great value priced option.

Meopta's Meostar is great glass for the money. The Meostar 10X42 is a great model with performance that is right up there with the rest of the top euro brands. Contact me if interested in a price.

Generally speaking the glass is right up there if not better than some lines of the top 3 (swaro leica and zeiss). Only common complaint is the ergonomics of the binos. One of the heaviest out there and just don't fit great in a lot of peoples hands. For some people it doesn't bother them at all or even prefer it, but for others it is a deal breaker. I guess my point it to try before you buy. Remember the cabelas euro is the same thing, might give you a place to go check them out if nothing else. Schmalts is great to deal with and would surely recommend buying through him

Meopta has some great glass. I have the Maven B2 9X45 and love them....super clear and a 377' field of view.

I have a pair of the cabelas branded meopta meostars. I bought them about 5 years ago after a lot of research, they were the top end of what I could afford before jumping up to the top 3. I waited for a promotion at cabelas and got a great deal on them. They have been very good to me, good color, and crisp edge to edge, lowlight performance is also very good I think. Overall very happy with them, 10x42. Also I bought a meopta spotting scope that I’m very impressed with also.

I bought a Meopta's Meostar 10x42 Hd
I would say there on par with the Swarovski
10x42 Hd of my buddys. But half the price.

I have the meostars 10x42 and the cabelas branded 82 mm spotter. Awesome glass. A buddy who uses swaro looked through the scope a couple months ago for a few minutes, and he was impressed. It’s better than zen ray glass (maven and vortex) according to me, and a few other buddies who have owned both vortex and the high end brands.

Meopta is alpha glass. A buddy ditched his Vortex stuff for Meopta. I've used his Meopta 15x56's in the mountains on a backpack hunt, excellent glass.

I had 15x Meostars for a while. Bang for the buck, they are probably tough to beat for most eyes. I will not be trading my Swaro's in for them, but if starting from scratch I'd consider the Meostar for a primary bino.

I will be ordering a pair of the Meopro 10x42HD before season starts this year. I've heard a lot of excellent reviews on them. The Meostars are another step up so I'm sure the glass will be excellent.

I have a pair of Meostars 10X42HD NIB for 799.00 if anyone is interested. PM me

My buddy runs Meopta, I run Swarovski. I like mine better, but his are darn good especially for the $$$.

I have meopta 15x binos love them they are better tan Zeiss and can’t see any better through swaro or leicas. Vortex isn’t even close to being in the same class. This is all just my opinion of course.

If you are prior or active military and want Meopta, give them a call, send in your DD-214 and they'll do 35% off. I would assume they do the same for LEO, but I don't know for sure.
I bought the binos and a spotter last year and love them both.

Back