You pick your top ten endorsements...what would they be?

Given that we’re apparently allowed to put trucks on the list I’m dropping Simms and adding Cessna.
Agreed - if transport is in play - I'd take a 206 with floats, skis and tundra tires over any truck. I can even buy a few clunker trucks and leave them @ strategic small civil airports in the Mountain West

Cessna
Sitka
Patagonia
Sage
Abel
Outer Range Brewing
Swarovski
Black Diamond
RO drift boats
PSE

In reality - I have had pro-deals in the past with 40% of that list and I'd be tickled to just have those back.

Toyota
Honda power equipment
Leupold optics
Bark River knives
Mystery Ranch packs
Sithl chainsaws
Temple Fork Outfitters fly rods
Scientific Anglers fly lines
Moby nets
Arcteryx

Last edited:
Toyota
Honda power equipment
Leupold optics
Bark River knives
Mystery Ranch packs
Sithl chainsaws
Temple Fork Outfitters fly rods
Scientific Anglers fly lines
Moby nets
Arcteryx
I'm a TFO fan too. I have a 3, 4, and 7 wt Lefty Kreh signature series rods. I think they are one of the most underrated rod companies.

I'm a TFO fan too. I have a 3, 4, and 7 wt Lefty Kreh signature series rods. I think they are one of the most underrated rod companies.

Agreed, they're very underrated. I find TFO to offer very competitive value for the dollar when compared to a brand like Sage (which I like too) where I feel you pay a premium for the name. I have 3wt and 8wt Lefty Kreh Signature rods and a 5wt Axiom.

1. Leupold
2. Nosler
3. Hodgdon
4. Ruana knives
5. MSR - Lightning Ascent Snowshoes
6. RCBS
7. Leica
8. Ruger - #1B - Hawkeye - LCR pistols (.22 LR)
9. Eberlestock
10. Buck - Benchmade - (knives)

1. Sitka
2. Swarovski Optics
3. Nosler
4. Mystery Ranch
5. Sony
6. Mathews
7. Benchmade Knives
8. Imperial Whitetail
9. Hawk Treestands
10. Reconyx Game Cameras

Western hunting, mixed with a little mid west whitetail things.

If I could add a state sponsorship I would take Alaska over and if the others on my list of ten.

Leupold Savage Swaro Manfrotto Havalon Slick trick Nosler Carbon express Berry bugle Carlton calls

1. Sitka Gear
2. Blaser
3. Swarovski
4. Barnes
5. Kifaru
6. Yeti
7. Garmin
8. Hoyt
9. Easton
10. Jeep

Ruana is a name you don't to often hear about anymore. Great knives!
You might think about getting one if you do not have one or you want to "eventually" get one for you son or daughter in the future. Mike Hangas was talking about the fact that he and his brother are looking at retiring in the near future and they do not have any family or anyone that wants to take over the business. I was hoping that possibly Behring Made Knives her in Missoula also could work a deal where they would build/make a few of Ruana's more popular models of knives using the same standard of quality that Ruana does. I'd hate to see the name disappear and like Mike he Does Not want to have China take over their business. I do not have a Behring Made Knife, but I have been out to their shop and "drooled" over a few of them. They make them by hand one at a time just like Ruana does. I have a Ruana Steelhead as does my son Jeff and my deceased son Jeremiah. I also was given a 5AD model with fancy wood and hand filing on the spine of the knife when I retired. It's simply beautiful and it's the knife I used on my Grizzly Bear. As part of my tip for my guide I had the folks at Ruana build a 5AD with the traditional elk antler handles, had it engraved, and gave it to my guide as a special gift. He loved it by the way!

Found this off another thread- thought it was worth reviving

1. Colorado Parks & Wildlife
2. Ruger Firearms
3. Core Lokt Ammunition
4. Toyota
5. Exxon Mobil
6. BFG Tires
7. Cabelas
8. Visa / Chase
9. Yakima
10. Coleman

Runner ups would be my local butcher, taxidermist, and gun shop