Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

You Can't Fix Stupid - $87,000,000 California Lion "Crossing"

Desk Pop

Lions cross highways just fine. They don't need a crossing. Some will get hit, but some will still try to cross on the road despite the "crossing." I can personally attest to this, even with a 10-foot mule deer fence. Second, California is overrun with lions since shutting down hunting for them.

$87,000,000 specifically for a lion crossing in a state with a massive overpopulation.

Whenever I think California can't do anything dumber, they do.

I am not against wildlife crossings...but $87,000,000 specifically for lions is just ridiculous....and I really like lions.

Last edited:
I like money going to wildlife conservation. But there are better ways to spend it than this.

California, and the rest of the anti-hunters, love having land overrun with large predators. It means there are less ungulates for us to kill.

I work in the highway construction industry. This isn’t that much money for an infrastructure project. Especially one in Southern California. A $111m project just went to bid in Idaho last week to replace a few vehicle overpasses, for example.

A quick Google search shows that the majority of this project was funded by private donations.

Edit: Here’s the coordinates of you want to use street view to see how many lanes any critter would have to cross on one of the busiest freeways in the country: (34.1381449, -118.7284826)

Last edited:
87 million that's just unbelievable.

Never mind structure in your state, schools or hospitals etc.

All to save the puutty tat. Absolutely asinine.

Yeah! Screw habitat connectivity!

20de0fe83b5b882e699567e3422e2ab95ecb7eb5_hq.gif

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back