Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet

shrapnel

I went to an auction on Saturday that had the biggest supply of reloading stuff I have seen in quite awhile. There was some powder I could use so I waited patiently until they got to the IMR 3031 and IMR 4350. The bidding started fast and they ended up selling for $180.00/pound!

I thought that the powder migh get cheaper as they went through the different lots, but the bidding was beyond ridiculous. Primers were bad, but not as bad as powder.

I did manage to buy some 204 Ruger brass and 25 boxes of 20 caliber 32 grain VMax bullets...

037DA70B-B72E-4E60-893F-5E56155821C7.jpeg24D3DABB-D395-48F8-88B7-E48F30613166.jpeg6195A1FC-DED2-4D7F-AAE6-896B200C103B.jpeg

I've been finding powder at LGSs for about $40/lb. IMR 4350, H4350, IMR 4831, IMR-7828, H335, plus all the Accurate powder you might want. No reason to pay $180/lb that I can see. It's not on the shelf most of the time but they are getting shipments now and again.

Well this is depressing. $180 for a pound is just nuts.

I'm keeping my eye out for some unique, power pistol & 231, but have enough to last a few thousand rounds so at least I got that going for me.

I've also noticed that auction prices have been crazy high. Gun values still tend to be in range - but reloading components are way too high. Good time to be in the auction business I guess.

Hey @shrapnel : Are you liking the 3031 for lever guns?

Been considering it as a replacement for 4198 33 wcf & a few others.

I’ve found h1000, h4350, Retumbo, and imr 4451 all in store in the last two weeks. Stores got shipments and are putting 1-2 lbs on the shelf a day. All 40-45$/lb. I wouldn’t buy imr 4350 if it was 5$/lb lol.

Hey @shrapnel : Are you liking the 3031 for lever guns?

Been considering it as a replacement for 4198 33 wcf & a few others.

I used to use it for most lever actions, but have since switched to 5744. It seems to be a better powder and doesn’t leave quite as much unburned powder in the barrel.

That powder looks like it was sold in lots. Wondering if the buyer thought the auctioneer was selling it that way verses by the pound.

That powder looks like it was sold in lots. Wondering if the buyer thought the auctioneer was selling it that way verses by the pound.

I wondered the same thing during the auction, but the auctioneer stopped the auction to explain that it was being sold in lots, by the pound. The front row had buyers that bought several pounds at a time at $180.00/pound.

It only will start to get back to normal when the guy setting with 10# at home can walk past shelf without buying it just because it is there. Then it will start to start to come back, or guys lining up at a door so they can buy what is there so they can sell it online.

Went to the Up in arms gun show (SLC circuit show) 25% of tables had actual shooting products...those that did had @60.00# powder and 200.00/k primers. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

I bit the bullet and spent way too much for powder and primers on gun broker a few weeks ago. 😢. I did find 1lb rl17 at bob wards today for $50.

I went to an auction on Saturday that had the biggest supply of reloading stuff I have seen in quite awhile. There was some powder I could use so I waited patiently until they got to the IMR 3031 and IMR 4350. The bidding started fast and they ended up selling for $180.00/pound!

I thought that the powder migh get cheaper as they went through the different lots, but the bidding was beyond ridiculous. Primers were bad, but not as bad as powder.

I did manage to buy some 204 Ruger brass and 25 boxes of 20 caliber 32 grain VMax bullets...

Was the powder guaranteed to be good? I assume that it was all sealed containers.

Back