Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Yokohama Geolander A/T G015 (E Rated)

D rated is fine for a 1/2 ton.
No difference in your experience from a toughness and durability standpoint?
Toughness, resistance to puncture, durability, etc. are the main reasons I was looking at E Rated (not so much for load hauling).

No difference in your experience from a toughness and durability standpoint?
Toughness, resistance to puncture, durability, etc. are the main reasons I was looking at E Rated (not so much for load hauling).
Sidewall construction varies across tires. In addition, proper inflation pressure makes a huge difference too. I’ve seen lots of flats from guys putting 65 psi in their E range tires then putting a sharp rock through the tread face.

Our fleet trucks have been coming with load range C Duratracs for several years, and I’ve not heard of a rash of flats with that change.

Got ya. Appreciate the feedback
And yikes...no surprises there on getting flats running at 65 psi.

There is a big difference in sidewall strength between D and E rated. If you get into rocks the E rated are worth the down side. Which is harsher ride and maybe a slight reduction in fuel mileage.

I ran the D rated a couple years ago after using Es for years and l liked them a lot until I broke 2 of them in a week. Rocks hidden by snow. The guy at the tire shop said "I told you that when you put them on". He did. I usually drive a half ton truck and have broken a few D rated sidewalls over the years. It is usually something you don't see or rub up against. I have never broken an E rated tire.
As for Geolanders, I have used a couple sets and have no real complaints, but I prefer Cooper AT3. When the snow gets deep I use chains when necessary.

I liked the Geolanders,but our gravel road ate them after a year & a half. Very good ride anywhere in E rated.
I went to Kendas for 2 years,but didn't like the ride on my F150.I have them on the Tacoma still.
Went to Cooper maxx a year ago and very happy with ride and all,E rated. 65lbs

Thanks guys for the feedback.

I think I’m going a different direction after some further research. Probably going to go with KO2s or the Falken Wildpeaks.

Thanks for the continued feedback all. I had been pretty set on E rated up to this point, but am starting to wonder if maybe I ought to consider D rated as well. Anybody have any insights or comments on their experiences with E rated vs. D rated on a half ton pickup?

If I drop down to D rated, it opens up some additional options like the BFG KO2 and the Falkens.

I'd skip the BFG's.

I did. Ended up with General Grabber ATXs (D Load instead of E). General had (still has actually) a rebate going and these seem to get solid reviews, though they don’t get as much fanboy hype as some of the others on all the forums.

We’ll see how they do. 1000 miles in and happy so far. Time will tell.

I did. Ended up with General Grabber ATXs (D Load instead of E). General had (still has actually) a rebate going and these seem to get solid reviews, though they don’t get as much fanboy hype as some of the others on all the forums.

We’ll see how they do. 1000 miles in and happy so far. Time will tell.

I used to LOVE BFG's and put them on everthing I owned. I'm not sure what they changed, but it wasn't for the better whatever it was.

Back