Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

X-10 General Season Deer

Bowhunter60

Has anyone hunted X-10 before? I put in for it this year as my second choice. Just wondering if anyone has hunted it before. If so, what's the amount of people going into the area for sightseeing and hiking who aren't hunters? Does anyone have any suggestions on general areas, i.e. Templeton Mountain, Monache Mountain, Golden Trout Wilderness. Specifics are appreciated but they aren't expected. This is really preliminary information I'm looking for as I don't even know if I'll get drawn for it.

Thanks my friends,

You have a really good chance of getting drawn as a second choice, it's not a high demand tag. My dad used to hunt the west border in D8 years ago when it used to be 3 point buck or better. There are deer there not really high densities or bruiser sized buck but there are some good ones you just have to find them. I was there hunting the D8 side a few years ago mid September during archery and saw a ton of people at the campgrounds in both sides of the road mostly people from LA. I know the several people get packed in on horse back from the golden trout pack trains from the D8 side and they frequently score nice bucks.

I did not draw this season, so I thought I would hunt a new area in D8. I can hunt the western part of the Golden Trout Wilderness bordering X10. I assumed there would be a lot of hunters at the campgrounds... do you guys ever see people backpacking hunting/camping off trail in there? I'm looking for a honey hole or at least a good place to set up base with access to some glassing points and I'm willing to hoof it. Let me know what you guys think of the crowds here.

I did not draw this season, so I thought I would hunt a new area in D8. I can hunt the western part of the Golden Trout Wilderness bordering X10. I assumed there would be a lot of hunters at the campgrounds... do you guys ever see people backpacking hunting/camping off trail in there? I'm looking for a honey hole or at least a good place to set up base with access to some glassing points and I'm willing to hoof it. Let me know what you guys think of the crowds here.

Double check before you go out there's a fire right now on the east side of the golden trout and if the last few years is any indication they may have closures in effect long after the fire is put out

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back