MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wyoming WOW!

The unit I wanted had over 100 tags available. I got two right away, but my cousin trying at the same time got to the payment processing page and had it freeze, by the time he made it back to try again it was sold out. Definitely seems like an increase in applicants this year. This unit isn't even a "desirable" unit in the grand scheme of things.

Fourth time was a charm for me to get through the payment system. 351 tags went in less than 40 minutes. Gonna be a madhouse.

UGH!!! And here I was hoping my first Western hunt would be this epic wilderness experience, and now I feel like it's going to be Ft Lauderdale at spring break!

FML!

UGH!!! And here I was hoping my first Western hunt would be this epic wilderness experience, and now I feel like it's going to be Ft Lauderdale at spring break!

FML!

An antelope hunt in NE Wyoming will never be an "epic wilderness experience." It will be a hell of a fun hunt, though! Go into it with a positive attitude and I doubt you'll return home disappointed. There are plenty of people who couldn't be at their computer this morning who would love to have your tags, I'm sure. Good luck!

I wasn't at mine this morning either... got mine in the draw. Wasn't leaving anything to chance to save a few dollars.

Due to the popularity of Antelope in the last several years there are not that many undrawn tags. So the popular thing that a lot of people are doing is signing up for the draw and hopefully getting tags that way. Tags were cut back several years ago due to extreme winter weather, couple that with an increased popularity they are getting scarce. Another reason for the popularity as someone had mentioned in another post is the later application cutoff date (May vs March). This year there was an increase in tags in several units but they still were all sold out in the draw. When I first started hunting WY 7 years ago there were lots of available areas with available leftovers, not now. For those just now starting to hunt WY you have to be better prepared and by doing your homework as to where you want to hunt.
Good luck to all!

At least I have a buck tag, I got a doe tag for around the grasslands area I forget the unit gotta look around for a place to hunt. If I don't find anything I'm out 30 bucks, guess I can look around at areas for next year while I'm there. Maybe hunt with the camera, either way it'll be a nice week or so.

Goat

Most all tags sell out every year by the time the season rolls around. Don't fret it. Tags have been cut back so the hunting will be fun. Opening week will be hectic so if you want solitude come hunt later in the season. The older, wiser, mature bucks are that way because they know how to survive hunting season. Come later and challenge yourself by hunting them.

Got two doe tags for unit 2.Never hunted the unit butwith a Region A deer tag,should have a lot of fun trying !

Tag issues are going to get worse, before they get better. There are fewer tags to start with, as they have been cut back due to herd issues. The other problem with it, is that there are gobs of magazines and forums like this one that promote western hunting. There is so much info available on hunting the west, that anybody can do their homework and go on a pretty good hunt, whether they are familiar with the area or not.

This is here to stay, so get used to it. Fewer tags does make for a much better hunt, though.

Pronghorn tag numbers are going to increase next year in a lot of areas. This is the 3rd great fawn recruitment year in a row in most areas.

I do agree that the popularity of pronghorn hunting has increased a lot in the last 15 years.

I was hoping for a couple leftover doe tags in 16, but I was in the backcountry and out of cell service until yesterday evening so I walked my wife through how to get the tags before I left. She was not able to take a break at work until 9:30 and they had all sold by then.

Has anyone received their regular(non surplus or reduced price) draw antelope tags in the mail? i know it takes 10 business days, but i still haven't received it yet..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back