Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wyoming unit 37??

zimmy

Hello everyone. I am thinking about trying for a Wyoming unit 37 type 6 tag. I see it says limited public access. It is the only 37 tag that has this though. Wondering if anyone knows why? Thanks for any help.

It's most likely because the tag has split access, meaning you're only allowed to hunt off of national forest for a certain time period and then it'll open up to the entire area during a different portion of the season. It'll say limited due to the majority of the land off of national forest is private or hard to get to BLM or state land. With the split access, it really limits you until the season opens up for the entire area. I've never hunted up there but have had experience with similar situations in the past with limited access areas. Best bet it is to download the regs and really dig into public access off of the national forest, the crappy thing is the 2017 regs won't be out until after the application period closes forcing you to use the 2016 regs.

What was mentioned is probably the case based on the 2016 seasons. However, the booklet for this year is not showing the early September season that was good off the NF and is only showing the 10/1-11/30 season when the tag is good for the whole unit. The early season will probably be held and that's probably why the * is showing even though the dates are for the entire unit. That's just one of the problems with them having the application period and drawing for elk well before the Final Regulations are published in late April. I would call the local biologist and find out what they say as far as your chances to fill the tag depending on what they will end up with for seasons and where the bulk of the elk may be at certain times. In other words there can be a ton of animals in the unit, but if they are all on private ground when the tag is good and you don't have access to them you're screwed.

Where did you get your hands on a 2017 booklet? I'm just curious because I need one and can only find 2016 regs online and the 2017 hunt planner doesn't reflect all the dates I need to know such as archery seasons and so on.

Thanks for the help. It says October 1st opener then general is a later date. Does that mean the whole unit will be open for cows only until general opens?

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Hunting/WGFD_APPNARRATIVE.pdf

This is the 2017 booklet. It's on the hunting page under Hunting Application Dates/Deadline Booklet link.You might call the district office closest to that unit and ask them for the proposed seasons. They should have something in writing about the proposals for that area by now or very soon.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back