Wyoming unit 11

I have only hunted cows in that area, but we saw plenty of bulls. I'd take a few trips up there to get a lay of the land. Everything from high alpine down to prairie.

I have only hunted cows in that area, but we saw plenty of bulls. I'd take a few trips up there to get a lay of the land. Everything from high alpine down to prairie.
I’m working out of town until September. A buddy told me to mainly pay attention to the lower 1/3 of the unit. Is this accurate info?

Depends on when you hunt, but I would say thats pretty accurate. Just like most hunt areas, elk will normally be higher early in the season and lower later in the season.

You'll have company opening day, pretty busy with deer hunters and elk hunters.
Elk are all over the area.

Depending on where you go, it gets crowded opening day and through that week. This can push the elk back a little higher. If you get off the road you don’t have the company.

Hey Chavy, how'd you do this fall? I'm thinking of trying Unit 11 for Archery elk this year. Anyone know how good some of the checkerboard BLM/State areas are in September?

Hey Chavy, how'd you do this fall? I'm thinking of trying Unit 11 for Archery elk this year. Anyone know how good some of the checkerboard BLM/State areas are in September?
Season ended up getting cut short due to military training, only got to hunt a week of archery, ended up missing a nice 6x6 opening morning and settled for a 5x5 the next day, didn’t want to hold out and end up missing out on meat, part of the unit had 0 elk and finally talked to a guy who led us to the honey hole, somewhat hard to get to

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back