Wyoming Second Opener

icebreaker12

Well I got after them again this last weekend after focusing on deer and antelope most of the month. I had scouted and found a pile of birds on public water, so I thought I would have company. I got there 2.5 hours before shooting time and had to make two trips to bring out all the decoys. The competition never showed and I got to enjoy this hunt all to myself. Literally decoyed 4-500 birds. And for 15 minutes straight before shooting time there were birds in range. A great morning to bring out my last dog's (Willow) urn/decoy. She got to see a show she never saw while she was alive. Little black dog (Sage) did great again and retrieved every bird. She is ready for the ice flows to clear out the massive grass mats that she has to fight.

IMG_1259.jpg

Good shooting, enjoy eating those birds but have never really hunted them, always wanted to just don't own a single decoy yet. Seeing your post makes believe there actually is waterfowl in Wyo besides city parks! Your decoy/urn idea is golden, I bet the old dogs spirit appreciated the hunt.

Thanks guys!

Good shooting, enjoy eating those birds but have never really hunted them, always wanted to just don't own a single decoy yet. Seeing your post makes believe there actually is waterfowl in Wyo besides city parks! Your decoy/urn idea is golden, I bet the old dogs spirit appreciated the hunt.

Where do you live in Wyoming?

We should get a fresh influx of birds after this next incoming cold front from Canada. Saw some teal this past weekend. I prefer to jump shoot the small creeks over the hill here in the Laramie area. We've got birds and the wind may actually be a help.
Nice looking lab and the decoy urn is a great idea.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back