Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Wyoming results question

See. I went ahead and checked this morning when I knew I should have waited. The Point Creep Gremlins have struck again. Unsuccessful with 6.5 average points. Bummer.
Two years ago we would have been successful with 5 points.

I'm still going thru some of the 2020 results but there were of course some large swings from last year in draw odd.s Unit 21 for example last year was a 85% draw w/ 1 pt, this year it was 35%. Unit 113 was 47% w/ 1 pt last year, 15% this year.

Tis the nature of the beast I suppose!

In the unit we applied for it looks like we had a 25% chance based on 6.5 points (assuming all other's in that category were equal to 6.5). If may have been 0 if the other 7 applicants were greater than 6.5. The best our odds would have been would be 50% in the preference draw. We gained on the point creep gremlin a little from last year. Next year is son's senior year so that would be a good graduation present, if we don't go to Alaska. In our unit it looks like we gain on the point creep gremlin by about .25 point a year.

Guess well settle for ducks in SD (if we draw) and Couse in Arizona.

Wow, either i got unlucky or the draw odds shifted a good bit. My choice in units for buck tags were 70% for first choice and 50% odds for a second. Doe tags were 80-90% on both my first option and 100% on the 2nd.

I only drew one 2nd choice doe tag

edit - draw odds shifted significantly, my first choice buck unit doubled and the first choice doe unit dropped the quota by half! crazy

Last edited:
My son and I drew second choice doe tag didnt get 1st which was 100% last year. Dad got nothing looks like everyone saw the 100% draw doe tag and odds changed dramatically.

I drew my 3rd choice in the special draw. I had roughly 70-100% with previous years odds as a second choice. My third choice was guaranteed, 27 tags issued in 2019 with only 2 applicants out of all choices. Well, my third choice went 50% odds this year... That's nuts, some dudes literally didn't draw their third choice that usually had dozens of leftovers...

Tag I drew with second choice last year was 65% first choice with zero points this year. Split my 1 point with a buddy who had none and thankfully that was enough to get us tags.

It’ll be points for the foreseeable future for Wyoming Antelope. Ready to switch gears and chase elk.

I drew my 3rd choice in the special draw. I had roughly 70-100% with previous years odds as a second choice. My third choice was guaranteed, 27 tags issued in 2019 with only 2 applicants out of all choices. Well, my third choice went 50% odds this year... That's nuts, some dudes literally didn't draw their third choice that usually had dozens of leftovers...

Thank GoHunt and all the people pimping it....

Doesn't years like this make apps like that useless, or did they predict the odds correctly?

They're good at calculating and presenting past drawing odds in a digestible way that saves the user from digging through the state websites to find the same info. Some states (e.g., NM, AZ) have really complicated draws that require an iterative modeling approach to really calculate what the odds were. States like WY have really simple draws that anyone with a calculator can crunch on their own.

For a while, they were claiming they would soon have the ability to predict future drawing odds. Gotta say I don't see that happening with any accuracy.

They're good at calculating and presenting past drawing odds in a digestible way that saves the user from digging through the state websites to find the same info. Some states (e.g., NM, AZ) have really complicated draws that require an iterative modeling approach to really calculate what the odds were. States like WY have really simple draws that anyone with a calculator can crunch on their own.

For a while, they were claiming they would soon have the ability to predict future drawing odds. Gotta say I don't see that happening with any accuracy.

Ron Wold does predictive odds for Oregon but our draw is pretty straight forward.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wisco94
Back