Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Wyoming Resident General Elk Tag Question

HighDesertSage

Maybe I missed this in the regs, but do WY resident general elk tags sell out? Here's the issue, my WY residency kicks in on September 18th this year. So I know I will miss the draw as a resident. I would prefer to just buy a general tag in September as a resident. That being said, if there's a chance they could sell out by Sept 18th, I am willing to spend the $707 to put in for a non resident, to make sure I can hunt close to home this year. I have the same question for deer. Thanks for any help.

Maybe I missed this in the regs, but do WY resident general elk tags sell out? Here's the issue, my WY residency kicks in on September 18th this year. So I know I will miss the draw as a resident. I would prefer to just buy a general tag in September as a resident. That being said, if there's a chance they could sell out by Sept 18th, I am willing to spend the $707 to put in for a non resident, to make sure I can hunt close to home this year. I have the same question for deer. Thanks for any help.
Not sure how important it is to you but if you have any NR points, might be worth appling still for a hunt unless general is your plan all along. You could also swing for the fense with a NR app

There are general deer and elk tags available to residents that are better than almost any non resident tag in the draw. Maybe apply for antelope if you have points, but I'd let the others go unless you have >12 points at this stage.

There are general deer and elk tags available to residents that are better than almost any non resident tag in the draw. Maybe apply for antelope if you have points, but I'd let the others go unless you have >12 points at this stage.
That's kind of where I am at. Thanks for the input.

Back