Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Wyoming Region R

Jcour4

Does anybody have any experience in Region R? Plan on hunting there this fall with a rifle and would like to discuss some areas that I have in mind with somebody that has been there. Some other general questions I have are the deer at higher elevations or lower, what is pressure like throughout the region, and what are the deer densities? Should I expect a good area to produce 10-15 deer a day or more or less?

Appreciate any info

All the units in R are now bucks only with a short ten day season due to the low population up there. There are some good bucks to be had, but you'll need to get well away from the roads and people and hunt hard especially at daylight and dusk from a good glassing spot. I like the western part and northwestern part within a couple miles of the lake. That area is accessed the easiest by taking the BLM road north off the main highway 14 just before you go across the bridge on 14 as you're heading west. Take that BLM road way up towards the Montana border and IMHO I'd camp out right up in that area with enough supplies to last the length of your hunt and hunt right from camp. Doing anything else will waste way too much time driving back and forth if you try to camp down nearer civilization.

Hunted along forest rd 10 last year in unit 50. Shoot me a pm with your questions if it has anything to do with that area.

Top Gun.....do you have any grip and grin pics from that area. I go yote hunting that way and never see much for deer. I got my truck stuck as Fu&@ up there last New Year's Eve.

Didn't get out till the next year if you can believe it.

If I hunted R it would be opening week of archery. I've seen some really good bucks right off the highway up top. They go bed close by not far from the road.

Just Sayin

Appreciate the advice, we are looking to hunt the northern unit starting out and if we don't find anything during scouting or the first few days of the season we will head towards some ag land. We arent expecting a lot but but hope to see some decent deer. Very excited to be heading back to Wyoming again this year.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back