Caribou Gear Tarp

Wyoming Region G hunt

Magnum Sherpa

I’m a little delayed in posting this report, but I got to spend some time hunting the Wyoming Range during the first week of the rifle season. As a nonresident, this was my first time hunting there. To make a long story short, I ended up tagging out on a 5x4 at the end of the 3rd day. It certainly was no monster, but it was a hard-earned animal on a solo hunt under conditions that were less than optimal. If I would have had all 3 weeks to hunt, I certainly would have passed on this deer. However, incoming inclement weather combined with family and work time pressures convinced me to pull the trigger on this buck.

D964C8D8-1616-4194-9067-4E31DE17EA74.jpeg

Congratulations man. Absolutely nothing wrong with that buck. Curious if you saw many small bucks, and how the herd may be recovering from the big winter a few years ago.

Congratulations man. Absolutely nothing wrong with that buck. Curious if you saw many small bucks, and how the herd may be recovering from the big winter a few years ago.
I did see some small bucks and does, so I think the herd is starting to recover from that 2016-17 winter. I was actually surprised by how many elk I saw. Definitely saw more elk than deer.

Sweet buck! I have enough points for the coveted region G this coming year. Can't wait for my shot at a good buck like yours. Congrats!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back