Caribou Gear Tarp

Wyoming REGION C (hunt area 26)

Anyone ever deer hunted this unit with any success seeing bucks in the public sections? Gonna be antelope hunting in there and was tossing around the idea of cashing in my couple deer points for a tag as well. Wondering if it’s worth it. This is for 2022, I know the application period is already over for this year

Anyone ever deer hunted this unit with any success seeing bucks in the public sections? Gonna be antelope hunting in there and was tossing around the idea of cashing in my couple deer points for a tag as well. Wondering if it’s worth it. This is for 2022, I know the application period is already over for this year

It’s actually not over for this year until June 1.

Interested in this thread as well. I’m applying for Deer Region C and Antelope Unit 18.
Any tips on scouting or anything would be appreciated

Mule deer unit 26 or antelope unit 26?

I hunted private and public ground in region c a few times. The public ground can be difficult to access and the easy to access areas get alot of pressure. Some advice, try to find some ranches to pay a trespass fee, it will make your hunt less stressful. We used to hunt the Meike Ranch and always had a good time. Unfortunately the brothers who owned it sold it so the ranch is off limits these days. But, if I were you I'd have a deer tag in my pocket because you will come across a few decent bucks during your travels

Oct 1-15 any antlered deer off private, any deer on private. Whitetail or Mule deer buck deer are good on public.

Nov 1-30 any whitetail deer anywhere.

We are probably going to leave S. La. the afternoon of 10/6-7 and stay through the following week. I assume the 8th-9th will be our first hunt day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back