Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wyoming Region B

JEVICK

I am looking to extend my season a bit longer if I go unsuccessful in October and noticed some units in B have whitetails until Nov.31, can anyone fill me in on general whitetail populations?

Welcome aboard! I can't help with Wyoming but I know Minnesota has tasty whitetails!

Game and fish biologist would be a good start. It's generally easier to gain access through a trespass fee for whitetails.

I visited with some guys in B last year that had the WT tags. They focused on the few irrigated ag lands and in the creek bottom areas. They filled their tags with 110-130" bucks. I believe they just went door to door talking to ranchers until they found some private land to hunt on. I'm guessing there is very little public land that is more WT territory. I also understood that the ranchers protect their mulies but are eager to have WT shot.

Whitetail populations across Wyoming are doing OK. It's the mulies that they are trying to figure out which have not recovered from the last winter kill several years ago. Most of your whitetail hang close to water for some reason where mulies get more of their water through what they eat. You'll find whitetail at least along streams, rivers and irrigated land and adjacent woody plots. They like the thick oak brush they can hide in where they can hear and see anyone approaching.

Reactions: LCH
I hunted there last year, down in the creek bottoms on public land I saw a few whitetails. Especially the ones near irrigated crop circles. Heck I almost hit one with my truck.

A lot of mule deer in that area I saw have light colored antlers that don't fork like a whitetail so be careful and know what you are shooting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back