Wyoming Pronghorn Hunt 2020

Thanks for sharing Joe! Great bucks and like Buzz, I really like the cape on your son's antelope. Hope the OR elk treated you well upon your return.

Joe, Looking forward to your video. Really enjoyed your moose hunt video too.

I leave for a pheasant hunt with my dad and his cronies on the 12th. Lots of memories of deer and elk hunts out of state so I know how your son must feel. Nothing like the windshield time together going to and from.

Congrats! Hoping I can do this next year with a buck and doe tag. Looks like an absolute blast and that cabin view was icing on the cake!

Well, my son and I had a great trip to Wyoming. I wish we could have spent more time there but since our archery elk season here got interrupted by fires we both wanted to get home in time to hunt the last few days.

Wildabeast offered us use of his cabin and that really added to the trip. He's got a really cool spot up there! Can't thank him enough for the opportunity. Here is the view from his deck..

View attachment 155217

My son Ben was the first to decide to take a buck after we had looked at 50 plus. We found this buck with a couple does up high in a basin and were able to stalk within 100 yards a couple times but when we would peak over the rimrocks he would take off. Third time was a charm and Ben made a perfect shot at 180 yards.
View attachment 155218

After we got his buck taken care of Ben spotted another buck that seemed a little better than all the others we had looked over and I decided he was coming home with me. 308 yard shot and he was down.

View attachment 155219
We each had a doe tag that we were saving until we had our bucks on ice. The first stalk of the day got us within 200 yards of a herd and Ben picked out the biggest one and made a perfect shot. After he shot they ran towards us and under the hill and I belly crawled up and only had to shoot 100 yards. Based on the teeth his was 4+ and mine was 2. We got those on video along with a ton of bucks and a couple nice moose. When I get a little time I will make a video...View attachment 155220
We did a little exploring after we were done hunting and found the biggest Shiras Moose I have yet to see. Very cool experience! We got video of another bull and saw a lone cow moose as well.
View attachment 155222

I'm sure there are bigger bucks in that country and I would have loved to spend a week or so looking at them but we are very thankful to kill some beautiful mature bucks and have a bunch of succulent Pronghorn for the freezer.
Congrats to the both of you on a great hunt and spending time together which is worth a ton also.

Well, my son and I had a great trip to Wyoming. I wish we could have spent more time there but since our archery elk season here got interrupted by fires we both wanted to get home in time to hunt the last few days.

Wildabeast offered us use of his cabin and that really added to the trip. He's got a really cool spot up there! Can't thank him enough for the opportunity. Here is the view from his deck..

View attachment 155217

My son Ben was the first to decide to take a buck after we had looked at 50 plus. We found this buck with a couple does up high in a basin and were able to stalk within 100 yards a couple times but when we would peak over the rimrocks he would take off. Third time was a charm and Ben made a perfect shot at 180 yards.
View attachment 155218

After we got his buck taken care of Ben spotted another buck that seemed a little better than all the others we had looked over and I decided he was coming home with me. 308 yard shot and he was down.

View attachment 155219
We each had a doe tag that we were saving until we had our bucks on ice. The first stalk of the day got us within 200 yards of a herd and Ben picked out the biggest one and made a perfect shot. After he shot they ran towards us and under the hill and I belly crawled up and only had to shoot 100 yards. Based on the teeth his was 4+ and mine was 2. We got those on video along with a ton of bucks and a couple nice moose. When I get a little time I will make a video...View attachment 155220
We did a little exploring after we were done hunting and found the biggest Shiras Moose I have yet to see. Very cool experience! We got video of another bull and saw a lone cow moose as well.
View attachment 155222

I'm sure there are bigger bucks in that country and I would have loved to spend a week or so looking at them but we are very thankful to kill some beautiful mature bucks and have a bunch of succulent Pronghorn for the freezer.
Thanks for sharing your adventure. Great job!! Trying to plan a hunt this year with my 30 year old son. Have 5 years of preference points. It’s going to be a huge challenge. We’ve never been out west on a hunt. We have lots of experience whitetail hunting but that it. If anyone has tips on areas please let me know. It’s going to be a haul getting out there - 25 hour drive. Ain’t getting no younger and need to do this while I’m still in good shape. Thanks again for sharing your adventure.

Congrats on the hunt both great bucks! That cape on your son’s buck is awesome! I’m a sucker for a really dark antelope cape.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back