PEAX Equipment

Wyoming NR General Elk points

Cowbell

Just curious if anyone might have insight into the amount of point creep that will affect the general regular draw. My group has 2.3 points averaged out which would have guaranteed a tag in 2018. Really nervous about it this year however.

Just curious if anyone might have insight into the amount of point creep that will affect the general regular draw. My group has 2.3 points averaged out which would have guaranteed a tag in 2018. Really nervous about it this year however.

I don't think 2.3 will get it. I'm using my 4 points on a general tag this year.

I agree with the other guys because 2 PPs was only a 58.43% draw last year, so I would say with creep that 2.3 may not get any this year in the PP Draw, but you might get it in the Random you would also go into.

Last edited:
ive got a 14% chance for regular general with 1 point,,who thinks its worth trying for w $17 cc fee?or should I just buy a point in july?

In the GoHunt strategy article they are saying that with apps ahead of you, it will take at least three points to guarantee general tag for 2019 and at least 2 to draw the tag in the special draw.

do ya think its worth a extra $17 credit card fee for a 14% chance at a reg price general random?with only 1 point ,I might be chasin point creep a couple of years at $50+ per point year?

do ya think its worth a extra $17 credit card fee for a 14% chance at a reg price general random?with only 1 point ,I might be chasin point creep a couple of years at $50+ per point year?

It’s a little over $32 to apply once you get the refund if you don’t draw I believe. To me $32 is nothing to spend for 10% or better odds if it’s a hunt I want to do. I spend way more for odds that are way worse.

I'm hoping that the high point holders that dumped their points for general tags last year skewed the results. Probably wishful thinking but hoping 2 points has a decent shot at a general tag this year.

I have no idea what is going to happen in WY this year. Was there a PP dump last year? Will there be this year given the May 31 date for next year? Frankly, that is what I think is going to happen. This year will be a big point dump as that date change is going to effect some people's plans. You cannot use WY as a fall back state due to lack of OTC tags. So because of the date change, you will only have people apply who feel confident they will get a tag AND who don't draw a tag in another state prior to the WY draw. Our group is applying this year for a general tag and if we don't get it we have a back up plan in another state. Next year, we will not apply in WY. But maybe the increased demand wins out. Very hard to predict at this point because of the impending changes.

We'll see in 3 or 4 weeks.. My guess is pretty significant point creep across the board in the regular draw, a slight bit of creep in the special.

Our group of 4 applied as a party and we average out to exactly 2 points each. Hope that’s enough for the special general....

I went general as well. Sitting at 3 points, so I should be good barring something crazy.

Trying for 2-3 elk tags this year. Wyoming is the first that should lock in. Colorado will either be a shoe in for muzzleloader or 2nd rifle depending on when/where I decide to go in WY. And hoping to luck out in at least one other state on mostly less than 5% draw odds (highly unlikely for that 3rd tag). I just don’t feel like driving all the way to Montana or Idaho this year.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back