Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Wyoming Mule Deer

CampRipleyLF

I'm looking to do some high country DIY archery mule deer hunting next year. I would like to hunt region H but im not sure on my odds of drawing or really anywhere else to look. I have no preference points..... Anything will help, thanks!!

Based on the 2012 numbers you could purchase a SPECIAL license in Region H and be guaranteed a 100% draw.
The regular tag odds were 6% with 0 points. and 100% with 1 point.

What is a years wait worth to you?

What does a special tag entail? Does it just cost more?

Yep, it's almost twice as much or just under that. One thing about region H is that some of those units have wilderness areas which as a NR you can't hunt in unless you have a guide or a resident guide(a friend basically to take you). Not saying you can't hunt in H just be aware of the wilderness law.

Same process, but you just fork over the extra money to get in that special, higher- priced draw! Besides the Wilderness area law, you need to be aware that units 141 and 162 within Region H are LE units that are not under the Region H tag and are drawn for separately.

Last edited:
Most units in WY the tag can be used for either archery or rifle. You just have to buy an archery permit which is like $15 or something and can be bought online if you want to hunt the Sept. archery season.

I'm aware of the wilderness law for nonresidents, but would this include the palisades wilderness study area, not an official wilderness area under federal law but is considered a "wilderness study area" that was formed under the 1984 wyoming wilderness act???

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back