Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Wyoming mixed bag trip

lovetotrapitall

Another Wyoming trip in the books. Started out the trip by discovering the day before leaving that I had lost my drivers license. Nice. Drove the hour to the DMV and got a replacement 1/2 hr before they closed. So far so good. Other than that little hiccup it was a wonderful 22 hr drive spread across 2 days. The plan was to scout mule deer in the mornings prior to the opener and hunt lopes in the mid day. Day one we saw a bunch of deer and some decent bucks but while some were very close to it, none were on public ground. Started heading to walk in areas looking for lope and spotted a nice buck. One stalk, one shot at 336 yds, one kill, buck tag filled. Spent the next few days scouting or hunting mulies in the morning and trying to get my buddy into range on antelope does in the afternoons. Saw way more pumpkins this year compared to last and the deer hunting was tough. Over the course of the week I coulda killed 5 different bucks but they were nothing to get excited about so I let them walk. My buddy got his doe tag filled mid week. I was waiting for him to get his goat before I worked on my doe tag. Last day of the trip I spotted a herd on state ground and stalked into 230 yds. One shot, 20 yard death run and I had meat on the ground. I was glad to have my dad out there with me this year and hoped to get him a buck but we had a blast anyway. He had an opportunity on a couple little guys and let them walk as well. Now I can look forward to bowhunting the rut buck home in PA and daydreaming about hunting the west in my treestand.

IMG_3021.jpgIMG_3024.jpgIMG_3029.jpgIMG_3040.jpgIMG_3043.jpgIMG_3064.jpgIMG_3069.jpgIMG_3075.jpgIMG_3079.jpgIMG_3082.jpgIMG_3089.jpgIMG_3096.jpg

Looks like a great trip, cool pictures and damn nice buck! Good luck with the whitetails!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back