wyoming minimum age

mixedbag

What's the youngest you can be to hunt elk in Wyoming?Still searching for a hunt me and my 10 year old can do together.I just got done researching left over cow tag units for WIAs,and HMAs.Think I have it narrowed down if he can hunt at his age.I couldn't find anything other then no age requirements for rabbits.
Also,how many type 6 tags are you allowed??Thanks for help.

Need to be 12 to take big or trophy game.

Each person is allowed 3 elk licenses. Only 1 can be Gen, 0, 1, 2, 3, or 9. So you can have 3 type 6.

Yep ID allows a 10 year old as long as someone with a valid hunting license is with them! Here's my 10 year old grandsons ID Deer hunt that my Son & I took him on last year! This is him & his dad packing it out!

ElkNut/Paul

Attachments

• thumb_IMG_0150_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_0150_1024.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 235
I know absolutely nothing about Idaho.I would have no idea where to hunt.I've just never researched it at all.When do your otc rifle seasons end.Which part of the state would be good hunting for either elk or mule deer.He would love a hint there.Unfortunately,I feel I'm way behind on figuring something out for this year

I’d suggest whitetails in N Idaho. Some OTC units are open until December 1st.

I agree, at least for the next few years pending less than average winters. Mule deer took a dive this last year after the winter. Look at the Idaho Fish and Game hunt planner. you can get an idea of number of hunters, harvest success, percent 4 point bucks killed, public access, etc. I'm actually going to give northern whitetail a try this year for the first time. I really know nothing about hunting whiteys and am going blind as well. Onxmaps has been a great resource for finding public land and access as I prepare for a mid November rut hunt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back