Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wyoming looks toward hunting agreement with tribes.

You beat me to my point. That is why I asked if they receive any funding from the state of Wyoming. Cut the funding to the programs, cut any assistance they receive. It appears they don’t want to recognize the state of Wyoming, only federal government. Why should the state provide any assistance to them?
Again, this is assuming they receive any type of state or county funding. Maybe they don’t.
They signed the treaties before Wyoming was even a state and with the Federal Government...so WHY should they recognize anything the State of Wyoming wants to impose on them?

There is that pesky supremacy clause as well...

Nesvik is out in the weeds, the State has no authority on hunting rights in regard to the treaties. Whoever said it on this post was correct, the State of Wyoming is trying to compromise from the weakest of positions, that no worky-worky.

Interesting. If they retained the rights. Does it make them administrators or common users? Could they block hunting of non members on that land?

They signed the treaties before Wyoming was even a state and with the Federal Government...so WHY should they recognize anything the State of Wyoming wants to impose on them?

There is that pesky supremacy clause as well...

Nesvik is out in the weeds, the State has no authority on hunting rights in regard to the treaties. Whoever said it on this post was correct, the State of Wyoming is trying to compromise from the weakest of positions, that no worky-worky.
Gotcha. And that is why I was asking if they received any type of funding from the state of Wyoming.
Again, I have no clue if they do or don’t. But if they do, why wouldn’t the state of Wyoming just not pull funding from any programs involving the tribes?

Gotcha. And that is why I was asking if they received any type of funding from the state of Wyoming.
Again, I have no clue if they do or don’t. But if they do, why wouldn’t the state of Wyoming just not pull funding from any programs involving the tribes?
I don't know if they receive any State funding or not either.

Lets say they do, is that really something you want the State to be using for a bargaining chip? Either give up your Federal treaty rights or we're going to strip you of school funding, street lights, etc.?

Optics on that are going to get someone unelected and in a hurry.

Interesting. If they retained the rights. Does it make them administrators or common users? Could they block hunting of non members on that land?
They do not have any jurisdiction over non-tribal members (i.e., state licensed hunters). Perhaps in line with what has happened in AK - could they request federal land management agencies to limit hunting/access so as to not interfere with tribal hunting...maybe, but I don't think it would materialize. As public lands get more crowded, its not totally out of the question though.

I don't know if they receive any State funding or not either.

Lets say they do, is that really something you want the State to be using for a bargaining chip? Either give up your Federal treaty rights or we're going to strip you of school funding, street lights, etc.?

Optics on that are going to get someone unelected and in a hurry.
How about comply with state law or no state funding? Makes sense to me.

I know a person in Idaho chomping at the bit to come kill stuff in Wyoming if he hasn’t already. He will be taking some big critters home with him

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back