Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Wyoming leftover

For those who drew, what shows up on your screen? I do not see Unsuccessful or Successful or even anything but my NR bonus point totals by species.

It should have a detailed list of what was applied for then , underneath it will say either successful or unsuccessful.

You should go to the draw results site that game and fish opened this morning.

Last edited:
I'll be in Wyoming with a type 6 tag for Unit 51. Never been there before or know anything about the unit, but it was the closest drive from where I live that had leftover tags. Really hoping to put some speedgoat meat in the freezer!

Ok. This will be an ininteresting post. I have some acreage in unit 22 that I will be interested in an easy hunt and a free camping/ RV spot for some camaraderie.. pm me guys

That is awfully gracious offer. I wouldn't want to put anyone out.
Would enjoy a night around the fire with some good guys though. I sent a PM.

I think I might take a chance on a couple type 7 doe antelope tags and hope I find a willing landowner. I already have a tag for down South East, but it looks like I might have to travel a bit North for a leftover. It should work out ok because I'm trying to put together an Idaho trip in October and I can hit Wyoming on the way home. I put in for an HMA draw for the tag I already have, so we'll see what happens. Good luck everyone, especially the first timers :cool:

I'm getting a little swamped on my offer.. lol
I will to try to get back to you folks best I can. I will share some knowledge and help everyone out the best I can. Unit 22 is a hard unit because of all the private land and most of the BLM you see on the maps is hard to access.

I could be wrong but it looks like there were some leftovers that didn't go in the leftover draw. Does anyone know what they plan to do with these tags? Will they go on sale over the counter at some point?

I could be wrong but it looks like there were some leftovers that didn't go in the leftover draw. Does anyone know what they plan to do with these tags? Will they go on sale over the counter at some point?

They are available to buy from now until the season in that area closes or they sell out.

I grabbed a whitetail doe tag in case we fill our antelope tags with time to spare. Not sure if I'll get to hunt it or not but nice to have the option.

It should have a detailed list of what was applied for then , underneath it will say either successful or unsuccessful.

You should go to the draw results site that game and fish opened this morning.

Turns out if I keyed in my 5-digit Zip Code then could see points. If keyed in 9-digit with no dash and with no space then could see points AND Leftover results. Had to call F&G.

I drew a elk tag so will be in western WY this fall. Was there last year for Pronghorn hunt. Was there the prior year for deer hunt. Maybe 2018 will be yet another WY species...moose, goat, sheep. Fingers crossed, knocking on wood, dead cat tossed over shoulder, etc.

I drew everything I put in for with no malfunctions, some how.
But a friend of mine entered his area code a number off between buying preference points and applying in reg. draw, then had trouble putting in for a leftover tag.
He didn't get the leftover he tried for and had to call G+F to find a missing pref. Point.
The system might need exact matching data to see a person as the same, I'm sure.

I will probably screw that up in the future, but so far so good.

I drew everything I put in for with no malfunctions, some how.
But a friend of mine entered his area code a number off between buying preference points and applying in reg. draw, then had trouble putting in for a leftover tag.
He didn't get the leftover he tried for and had to call G+F to find a missing pref. Point.
The system might need exact matching data to see a person as the same, I'm sure.

I will probably screw that up in the future, but so far so good.

Why would he be inputting anything but his unit choices once he previously established his account on the website, as I'm not following you on what he did?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back