Wyoming here

Steve Petersen

Well I’m originally from SE WA (Kennewick) but moved away in ‘97 for a job with Uncle Sam. I’m retired from that gig and now living in Rawlins, WY working for the state. Been following Randy and the crew for many years now and his local videos and such played a part in deciding to move the family here. Been here just over a year now and wouldn’t change a thing, except the wind maybe, but 10 years in OK got me used to that. Looking forward to meeting and connecting with new like minded folks here.
Happy hunting..

Welcome. Hope you brought a few years of mild winters with you to Rawlins, so pronghorn numbers can get back to 2015 numbers.

Welcome. Hope you brought a few years of mild winters with you to Rawlins, so pronghorn numbers can get back to 2015 numbers.
Everyone told us this past winter was the worst in a decade. Was our first winter so we assumed it was just another’s WYO winter.

Welcome, Steve. My son Jon spent the winter working as a lineman in Casper. He's getting transferred to Colorado in a few weeks. Besides the cold he did mention the wind...
I am jealous, I've always wanted to live in WY or Montana but no way could I convince my wife to live in the cold. AZ is pretty awesome though, still some excellent hunting here. You definitely have fewer people per square mile.
Glad you're loving your move.

Welcome, Steve. My son Jon spent the winter working as a lineman in Casper. He's getting transferred to Colorado in a few weeks. Besides the cold he did mention the wind...
I am jealous, I've always wanted to live in WY or Montana but no way could I convince my wife to live in the cold. AZ is pretty awesome though, still some excellent hunting here. You definitely have fewer people per square mile.
Glad you're loving your move.

My wife’s a south Texas lady so it was no easy task here either. She’s just happy the snows finally gone lol

That's hilarious. Good luck hunting, too. Hopefully will have some stories to tell.
We will know next month if my 2 boys and I drew antelope and so far I’ve had zero hits on my bear baits. Be getting general mule deer and elk tags for my boys as well. We are used to WT, turkey and waterfowl.

We will know next month if my 2 boys and I drew antelope and so far I’ve had zero hits on my bear baits. Be getting general mule deer and elk tags for my boys as well. We are used to WT, turkey and waterfowl.

Steve,
When do you find out if you've been drawn for antelope?

Welcome! I’m moving to WY this summer with my wife. We got married two years ago, took some jobs in the Bakken and are now headed to her home town. Hoping to stay for a long time. I can’t wait!

Welcome. I moved to Wyoming from Colorado due to job and then girlfriend now wife. Plus the benefit of no state income tax and generally conservative line of thought on most issues. I love Wyoming's history and natural beauty. One of the few states that is not dealing with budget deficits. Budget shortfalls yes, but the state does not have budget deficits to deal with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back