Wyoming Fall Turkey

Djfan

Trying turkey yet again. Been skunked too many times, but I love turkey hunting. So, I go.

Any tips at all? I would love to at least see some birds this year. I live in Carbon County, but willing to go anywhere.

Thanks!

It's a bit of a drive, but I usually see fall season birds in and around Glenrock. Access is always an issue up there though. No luck along the Platte? Or was it all burned up southeast of Encampment?

It's a bit of a drive, but I usually see fall season birds in and around Glenrock. Access is always an issue up there though. No luck along the Platte? Or was it all burned up southeast of Encampment?

We went in Spring, where pics of flocks from the last Fall were abundant. Didn't see one bird. No burn where we were, and I don't think any burns / fires nearby. There was a lot of green near Encampment. Didn't know there were birds down there.

I'll drive to Glenrock for the right situation. Tips for there?

We went in Spring, where pics of flocks from the last Fall were abundant. Didn't see one bird. No burn where we were, and I don't think any burns / fires nearby. There was a lot of green near Encampment. Didn't know there were birds down there.

I'll drive to Glenrock for the right situation. Tips for there?
I think the best bet for public land would be the walk-in area along Deer Creek, have seen them in the town a few times. Have also seen them in the Hunton Creek bottom on the Duncan Ranch HMA. Might ask the Game Warden (was Cody Bish a couple years ago - don't know if he still is it up there) if he knows of anyone allowing turkey hunting up there. Good luck.

I think the best bet for public land would be the walk-in area along Deer Creek, have seen them in the town a few times. Have also seen them in the Hunton Creek bottom on the Duncan Ranch HMA. Might ask the Game Warden (was Cody Bish a couple years ago - don't know if he still is it up there) if he knows of anyone allowing turkey hunting up there. Good luck.
I've met him. I'll hit him up.

Thanks!~

Are the black hills too far? I hunted white tail up there a couple years ago and saw lots of turkeys, although they were all on private.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back