Wyoming elk

Hey Carl, how are you doing? Ill be hunting unit 8 sometime in Oct. I was looking to get some tips on the area. I've been doing my escouting on the area, but I feel its always good to get a locals option of the area. If you don't mind, I'd love to ask you a few questions. Thanks

Carl I have narrowed my hunting area to the west side of the state, Jelm Mt., Ring, and Red. Seems that those areas have the most public land access in that area.

Jelm Mt. itself gets hammered with hunters and campers. Still worth a drive up to the observatory just for the view.

Hey Carl, how are you doing? Ill be hunting unit 8 sometime in Oct. I was looking to get some tips on the area. I've been doing my escouting on the area, but I feel its always good to get a locals option of the area. If you don't mind, I'd love to ask you a few questions. Thanks
Sure thing. Send me a PM when you have enough posts to do so. I think you need 10 or or something?

with the proximity to Cheyenne & Laramie, I imagine the general units of the Snowies & Sierra Madres get very crowded -- probably moreso than other general units

Area 8 is a LQ area and as such pressure is not like the general areas in the Snowies.
Carl will have some advice for you.

Area 8 is a LQ area and as such pressure is not like the general areas in the Snowies.
Carl will have some advice for you.
yea but LQ tags are pretty easy for Wyoming to get and with unit 8 being within 2 hours of 2 of the 3 biggest cities in the state, it will still get a lot of crowds IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back