Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wyoming Elk Unit Questions

MEG2

My son and I are planning an elk hunt for this next year. This is his 1st time and I am hoping we can put together a great hunt for him. We have some challenges because he lives in North Carolina and is a teacher. To work with his schedule, our best bet is going to be to try and hunt in November. We have refined our research down to two units. Together we have the points to draw these tags unless there is a great point creep that occurs. I am hoping to archery hunt and scout during September so the units we are looking at would allow me to do this.

If it stays the same, past seasons in unit 11 have been open until mid November which we would hunt the last 5-6 days. My concern is the weather because it seems like every time I come through that area on I80 it is treacherous. I expect the elk would be lower and would think road access might be difficult. So my questions are would this be a doable option hunting later in this unit and do many people hunt this unit that late in the season because they get weathered out?

Every year is different. Some years November is full on winter and other years it's 50 degrees. The Elk Mountain game warden would be a good resource to contact.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back