Wyoming Elk Area 62 Hunt

brehm93

So I drew an area 62 Wyoming elk tag, and to say the least I am very excited about it. I am not sure quite what to expect just since I have always hunted the southern part of Wyoming and I know it is going to be a big change in hunting style but looking forward to that challenge. But I was hoping if anyone on here that has hunted this area, to share what their experiences were and also to hear stories about your success (pics) or how your hunt went in general. Hopefully there are some stories to share to help with my excitement. I'm looking forward to this hunt and I know it will be here soon enough.

Congratulations on the tag! I’ve never hunted that area, but I’m hoping to hunt an adjacent unit with an outfitter in 2023. Good luck and I look forward to hopefully see some pictures.

So I drew an area 62 Wyoming elk tag, and to say the least I am very excited about it. I am not sure quite what to expect just since I have always hunted the southern part of Wyoming and I know it is going to be a big change in hunting style but looking forward to that challenge. But I was hoping if anyone on here that has hunted this area, to share what their experiences were and also to hear stories about your success (pics) or how your hunt went in general. Hopefully there are some stories to share to help with my excitement. I'm looking forward to this hunt and I know it will be here soon enough
Congratulations.. I drew the 62-1 as well, good luck!

So I drew an area 62 Wyoming elk tag, and to say the least I am very excited about it. I am not sure quite what to expect just since I have always hunted the southern part of Wyoming and I know it is going to be a big change in hunting style but looking forward to that challenge. But I was hoping if anyone on here that has hunted this area, to share what their experiences were and also to hear stories about your success (pics) or how your hunt went in general. Hopefully there are some stories to share to help with my excitement. I'm looking forward to this hunt and I know it will be here soon enough.
are a nonresident? you must have had 10+ points

Congratulations on the tag! I’ve never hunted that area, but I’m hoping to hunt an adjacent unit with an outfitter in 2023. Good luck and I look forward to hopefully see some pictures.
That will be a great experience for you but I'm sure I will take plenty of pictures and post them here.

I'm beyond jealous. I wish I was still a resident because as a nonresident that unit takes more than 10 points easily to have a decent chance at drawing
Ya that's insane, that's why I'll never leave Wyoming. All the areas I like to hunt and draw take at least 10 plus. And I have been lucky to draw 3 of the last 4 years those tags, so cant complain. Perks of being a resident I guess.

Back