PEAX Equipment

Wyoming Elk Area 100

CarsonSmithElkHunter

Hey all, my little Brother turns 12 on November 19th, and he can hunt this fall. I have narrowed it down to area 100, but have only been out there a couple times. I am wondering if anyone has hunted this, and if so could you give me some advice? Also he can put in for spikes or cow/calf, and have good chances of drawing. Which tag should he put in for. Thanks

The Either sex and Spike tags (3 pts Reg) look to take some points for an NR. Even residents for the spike hunt is 20%

1612481018389.png

These are the Cow Tag draw odds for non residents. looks like type 4 and 5 should be cow tag opportunities (s and r stand for special and Reg)

1612481100627.png

Pretty sure the OP is a resident, so points not an issue. He’ll have a reasonable chance at the type 4 and 5 cow tags, but the spike and bull tags are pretty tough to draw.
Is is safe to say that the Type 6 & 7 Reduced price license areas are both in the checkerboard/private southern part of Unit 100?

I want to cow hunt unit 100 and it seems that those reduced price tag geographic restrictions are not friendly for a private land hunter. Is that a correct assessment on my part?

Thank you

Trying to get some info on Area 100 for a cow elk hunt. Anyone can guide me or I do on some private lands in the area? New to Wyoming.

Welcome to HuntTalk. If you draw the tag, you can hunt any accessible public land. About 70% of the entire Area 100.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back