Wyoming deer units 92, 94 and 106

270WSM140g

Hi, I'm interested in opinions and any info on deer hunting in Wyoming units 92, 94 and 106. Any real world opinions, advise or info would be great.

Thanks,

Kris.

Well, no action on 94 or 96, how about info on wyoming deer unit 36? Any positive or negative opinions?

Kris

You're probably not getting many responses as most members don't take kindly to new folks making their first posts requesting specific unit info, just fyi. Happens to most folks

Do some searching of old posts and you might be able to dig up some information.

You're probably not getting many responses as most members don't take kindly to new folks making their first posts requesting specific unit info, just fyi. Happens to most folks

Do some searching of old posts and you might be able to dig up some information.
I don't think I asked for any really specific unit area info, just opinions. Good, bad or indifferent. No worries. I'm very accomplished at researching new areas and have a lot of info I can share if I see something asked on areas I know.

Local or boots on the ground opinions would be great, but if not, I'll be ok.....lol.

Kris.

I don't think I asked for any really specific unit area info, just opinions. Good, bad or indifferent. No worries. I'm very accomplished at researching new areas and have a lot of info I can share if I see something asked on areas I know.

Local or boots on the ground opinions would be great, but if not, I'll be ok.....lol.

Kris.
No worries man. Happens to everyone myself included, ending up having much better luck learning whos who here and PMing specific members.

Putting some of that context in your post would've helped the cause. This forum, and many others, are loaded up full of "Dont want to steal your honeyhole, but I'm looking for a 300" bull or 180" buck on public land. PM me the GPS coordinates. Thanks"

The more work you put in yourself, the better responses you get.

Last edited:
Mo worries man. Happens to everyone myself included, ending up having much better luck learning whos who here and PMing specific members.

Putting some of that context in your post would've helped the cause. This forum, and many others, are loaded up full of "Dont want to steal your honeyhole, but I'm looking for a 300" bull or 180" buck on public land. PM me the GPS coordinates. Thanks"

The more work you put in yourself, the better responses you get.
Ok, thanks for the advise. I think I'll start putting in more info then. I have a entire notebook of it.....lol.

The last thing I want is to horn in on someone's spot. I basically like opinions on an area on hunting pressure, public access, quality of the hunting area and deer number they see on average . It's a mighty big investment to do these DIY public land hunts and knowledge sure can help ease it a bit.

Thanks for chatting ,

Kris.

Does not hurt to ask questions. I would talk to biologists and game wardens for areas your interested in. They may provide you with some good information on walk in areas. Quota changes. Health of herd. Spring moisture. The other thing to look at is google maps or Bing maps and land ownership maps. Look for water sources. Access areas. Camping areas and the like. Good luck. I am one less than max PP in Wyoming for deer and am thinking 2020 will be the year I draw a tag.

Does not hurt to ask questions. I would talk to biologists and game wardens for areas your interested in. They may provide you with some good information on walk in areas. Quota changes. Health of herd. Spring moisture. The other thing to look at is google maps or Bing maps and land ownership maps. Look for water sources. Access areas. Camping areas and the like. Good luck. I am one less than max PP in Wyoming for deer and am thinking 2020 will be the year I draw a tag.
Yes, I've done a lot of chatting with bios and the warden. Great info. Real world opinions from my hunting brothers has always been the best info however.

We have 2 points only, so can't draw to many Lq tags, but this is the year we should hunt Wyoming because of other future hunts planned.

Thanks for chatting.

I got more out of game and fish than anything. If you want tips on a specific area try butchers or taxidermists. They both have a vested interest in you being successful.

As far as the forum. Like others said newcomers mentioning specific units is touchy. Nobody likes units being listed because others can search and find the info for units that used to not be crowded. And being new, some guys are reluctant to PM. Use the search function and hang around and you'll pick up some useful stuff. Sounds like you have already done your homework and just wanted some confirmation.

Good luck.

I got more out of game and fish than anything. If you want tips on a specific area try butchers or taxidermists. They both have a vested interest in you being successful.

As far as the forum. Like others said newcomers mentioning specific units is touchy. Nobody likes units being listed because others can search and find the info for units that used to not be crowded. And being new, some guys are reluctant to PM. Use the search function and hang around and you'll pick up some useful stuff. Sounds like you have already done your homework and just wanted some confirmation.

Good luck.
Hey, thanks. Yes I have done a lot I research. I have the Gohunt

Oops....GoHunt, onX, Google earth and more . Confirmation is a bonus for sure. 20 hours away and a lot of time and money definitely deserves my attention.

I do understand the reluctance to give info though. I don't want any secrets, just opinions and advise.

Kris

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back