PEAX Equipment

Wyoming deer unit 90

Jsc

My dad and I were lucky and drew Wyoming deer tags for unit 90. We had been building points, but he is 64 and not able to do the back country pack in style of hunt. I think it will be a great chance to get out there and spend dome quality time with my dad. We decided to put in hoping this is a good unit that will give us a chance at some respectable bucks. We are going to take a scouting trip in July or August and if anyone is familiar and willing to some advice or tips on where to start it would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck, but please be aware that asking for help on the first post you put up on a website doesn't usually generate many responses.

I looked over unit 90 on my maps and it looks like about 80% is BLM and state lands that are almost all legally accessible. You should do okay and the unit shouldn't be that hard for your Dad to get out and have a good hunt. Scouting the unit is a great idea and you can find some good spots to camp while out there. The unit is quite a ways from any motel, gas, etc., so you should plan on being pretty self sufficient with plenty of food, water, gas, spare tires, and chains in case the weather gets nasty because roads other than the good blacktop and gravel ones can become impassable even with chains. Having all that with you will cut down on trips to get supplies and give you more time hunting. Good luck, be safe, and have fun with your Dad!

I looked over unit 90 on my maps and it looks like about 80% is BLM and state lands that are almost all legally accessible. You should do okay and the unit shouldn't be that hard for your Dad to get out and have a good hunt. Scouting the unit is a great idea and you can find some good spots to camp while out there. The unit is quite a ways from any motel, gas, etc., so you should plan on being pretty self sufficient with plenty of food, water, gas, spare tires, and chains in case the weather gets nasty because roads other than the good blacktop and gravel ones can become impassable even with chains. Having all that with you will cut down on trips to get supplies and give you more time hunting. Good luck, be safe, and have fun with your Dad!
Topgun thanks for your reply. It looks like riverton is the closest town. Do you think an atv is necessary because of the roads?

Good luck, but please be aware that asking for help on the first post you put up on a website doesn't usually generate many responses.

Don't worry about the "you can't ask for help unless you earn it crowd". I had the tag a couple years ago and will tell you what I learned. It is a difficult draw...so it shouldn't be such a secret. It is a big unit but there are definitely pockets of deer and spots that are much better than others. I'll look through the PM's and give you a call. Jake

Topgun thanks for your reply. It looks like riverton is the closest town. Do you think an atv is necessary because of the roads?

If you've got one I'd take it since it might get you around in bad weather better than a PU.

If you've got one I'd take it since it might get you around in bad weather better than a PU.

I will keep that in mind. We have one atv between us. If it looks like weather is going to be bad I will arrange to rent another if necessary.

Thanks

Don't worry about the "you can't ask for help unless you earn it crowd". I had the tag a couple years ago and will tell you what I learned. It is a difficult draw...so it shouldn't be such a secret. It is a big unit but there are definitely pockets of deer and spots that are much better than others. I'll look through the PM's and give you a call. Jake
Jake, thanks for your willingness to help. PM sent.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back