Wyoming B vs C

lakedelavan

Looking at taking my father out mule deer hunting and have narrowed it down to Region B or C for a couple reasons. One is that we will be antelope hunting near Laramie and then coming up to mule deer hunt afterwards. I can only get the first 10 days off of the season which is another reason why B or C are the options due to other units not opening up till OCT 15. I am also picked these unit due to terrain to hunt since its easier for my father to hunt some sage countries and draws rather than the mountains. I know some people are thinking that should save points and look at other options but uncle sam is gonna move me for the military after this fall so it wont be till 3-4 years that we could go out. I was wondering if anyone that has hunting these units recently if I could bend their ear a little bit to help narrow down the region. I'm looking for past experiences and the ability to be able to harvest any legal buck on public land. I have hunted mulies in western Kansas so am used to sage and hunting draws and willing to exchange info.

I have hunted Region C the last few years, no experience in B tho. If you want to pm me i can share my experience.

I have hunted in the southern ends of both B & C but I am a resident and live in Cheyenne. Both areas have nice deer and antelope populations. The areas I hunted specifically is 19 and 21 on deer.

@lakedelavan as in lake delavan, Wisconsin? First of all thanks for your service. I think I might be able to help you with your hunt planning with your father. Do you have any preference points? Shoot me a pm if you want.

Last edited:
Back