MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wyoming area 73

5Speedjim

Made it from Jersey to Casper on Saturday.Hunted Sunday & today. Didnt see half the antelope I did 2years ago. Managed to take 2 does today but haven't seen a buck worth shooting. I have 2 doe tags for area 72 so I may take a ride over there if I can't find a buck in the morning

Good luck I'm sure that there are some nice goats still left out there. You made it from Jersey to Casper in one day??? You sure are speedy.

good luck to all
the dog

Really? I've hunted that unit several times, but not in the last few years. I don't like hearing your report. We've taken several high 70's bucks out of there. The winters the last couple years have been rough.

Was just there last week...had doe tags for 74... there were several bucks on the border od 74 and 73 at the walk-in areas. Just keep at it!

Made it from Jersey to Casper on Saturday.Hunted Sunday & today. Didnt see half the antelope I did 2years ago. Managed to take 2 does today but haven't seen a buck worth shooting. I have 2 doe tags for area 72 so I may take a ride over there if I can't find a buck in the morning

What is your standard? You said you did not see any bucks worth shooting...what are you looking for? Most units in Wyoming are capable of producing quality bucks, some more than others, it just depends on what you are looking for and how much time you have to fill your tag.

I should also add that this time of year, they start bunching up...that could be why you are seeing less. Instead of spread out, they are all congregated together.

I wasn't looking for a monster. I hunted
Around Midwest and kept finding groups of does. I went to the western side of the area small one year old bucks. I went out Tuesday in the snow squalls and found some average bucks and took one. Time to go find some ELK

Back