Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Wyoming Area 26

MoFireman

Hi All,

Another newbie here! New to this site and certainly new to hunting "speed goats." I was drawn and issued a tag for this area during opening week of archery season next week. It is my first trip to Wyoming but I am traveling with a group of 5 other guys who have been taking this trip for 4 or 5 years now.

They have a 100% success rate thus far and I intend on doing my part to ensure that continues...LOL! All I really know is that we will be hunting NW of Douglas on a huge ranch. There are several stands across the property overlooking water holes/troughs. I am growing increasingly anxious to head out West on Friday!! Weather looks like low 80's with lows in the 50's and I'm getting stoked.

Any off the wall tips for a complete newby to speed goat hunting with archery tackle? I'm your traditional Midwest whitetail hunter who is looking forward to starting a new chapter in his hunting book. Any tips, advice, ideas are appreciated.

Thanks guys/gals. MoFireman

Do what you would do if it was a hungry whitetail. Thirsty antelope and hungry whitetails are pretty similar. Both are somewhat predictable and if you are ready when they come in, you will have your tag on one.

Not science, but given you whitetail experience, a lot of that will translate.

Good luck. It is guaranteed to be a great time. Post pics when you are done with the hunt.

Take a book and shorts, it is sketchy running out of the blind in your underwear after you shoot one.

Thanks for the tips guys!! I think a good book/magazine will definitely be in my day pack as well as a Nintendo DS or something similar.

MoFireman

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbonser94
Back